General Election 24th May (1 Viewer)

THIRD TERM MUTHAFUCKAS
I'd like to think I had a personal hand in bringing Bertie to power again by not being in the country to vote him out. It would have went from 41.6% to 1.6% effortlessly. One man, one vote my hoop.

none of you smelly punks vote anyway right?

-as an absentee voter I also am with you in that the onus ain't on me. But I honestly don't know who I would have voted for anyway.

the thought of his stupid grinning fat head on telly now thanking the irish people for voting him back in is making my teeth hurt.

yikes! I know. Ugh. stomach-curdling, innit?

also, i saw bertie on tv there a few weeks ago and he looks a bit knock-kneed.

Nah, I'm a voter. Anarchism is for angry 14 year old virgin boys, which I was once upon a time.

Edit: Though I still think it doesn't matter who you vote for, just as long as you vote for the opposition every time. Keep the suit-turnover regular!

I need some sort of online election tracker. Updated in real time, of course. Is there one? I don't wanna give RTE 25c per text.

Bad suss. We'll see how this plays out today though - there's still plenty of leeway w/r/t transfers, although I don't forsee rainbow preferences holding up strongly against FF's zombie family voting blocs.

Looks like the PDs are in for a hideous day though, which is one reason to be cheerful. Mind you, I reckon that FF managed to foster the impression that the PDs were solely responsible for everything that's wrong in this country, including that nasty toe-stubbing I sustained yesterday morning.

THIS IS THE NEWS

The first tally results of this year's General Election have been revealed.
12% (24 of 204 boxes) have been tallied in the five-seat constituency of Wicklow.
Fianna Fáil candidates Dick Roche and Joe Behan are ahead with 16% and 15% of the vote respectively.
Advertisement

With boxes from all areas opened, Fine Gael's Billy Timmins is showing well with 13%, his running mate Andrew Doyle scoring well at 9%.
Labour's Liz McManus is also in a strong position at 10%, with her running mate Nicky Kelly at 4%.
The Green candidate Deirdre de Burca currently stands at 6%.
Looking at party share, Fianna Fáil is at 36% (2002, 31%), Fine Gael at 23% (15%), Labour 15% (29), Green 6% (5%).
Half of the 139 ballot boxes have been opened in Dublin North.
The boxes come from the north of the constituency and do not include Swords, which is likely to have an impact on the constituency's result.
Fianna Fáil's Michael Kennedy, Fine Gael's James Reilly and Trevor Sargent of the Greens are all reported to be polling well

Bookies are paying out on Aherne to be the next Taoiseach already. 1 FF confirmed already.
Greens up 1%, FF doing well. Lot’s of stuff on RTE, just keep reloading the page!

ooh:
Very early doors in Dublin South East but the tally has Andrews on 25% and Quinn on 17% Gormley on 16% Creighton (12.3%) and Doolan (11.2%) with McDowell on 4.5%

Early tally from Dun Laoghaire, RBB doing great guns to the Greens' cost:

(From RTE.)

FF 41%

FG 27%

Gilmore Labour 16.9%

PD Fiona O’Malley 8%

Ciaran Cuffe Green 7.5%

Sinn Fein 2%

Boyd Barret People before profit 10%

looks like Higgins is potentially out in Dublin West

Lenihan and Vrardakar look like they are definites...its currently between Burton (17%) and Higgins (15%) for 3rd.

mind you, the transfers could change all this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back