General Election 24th May (3 Viewers)

Dunno - I'm hoping that McDowell would either be No1 or not at all on peoples vote.

It'll depend on how big Chris Andrews' surplus is I suppose, he may get 2's from him but any transfers from Creighten or Quinn once they get in will probably go to Gormley. Additionally once people like Hearne get knocked out they'll probably go to green as well.

Looks like a shock where I am, FF looking like they'll pick up 2 in Kildare North, bollocks.

Where is McDowell going to get transfers from to help him get past Gormley if it's tight?

He'll need Chris Andrews' transfers (FF). FF to PD transfers don't seem to happening this time around though. If Ruairi Quinn gets in, which he probably will do, I would imagine that his transfers may just about push Gormley over the line. I have to confess that I am a little prone to wishful thinking in that constituency though.

One factor in the election is of course that FF are very, very good at election campaigns, both nationally and at constituency level. Tactical voting, canvassing etc, as well as still having a strong party machine to knock on doors. Even where they have lost elections, they have never really had a collapse.

I put all my votes down - like all 13

McDowell was 13, just cuz I don't like the look of the cunt

did I do wrong? will he get a transfer from me?

I didn't give him anything. AFAIK, that's the way to go. If it get's to the 13th count, and McDowell is still around, then he will get a vote off you.

I think.

FF will probably have a lot of poll toppers and transfer surplus votes to running mates from them, however at the bottom end of the poll I'd say a lot of the no hoper, more left leaning candidates, could transfer to the alternative coalition.

Are we looking at a possible FF outright majority? RTE news are saying that it's a real possibility.

Hard to say at this stage, but it looks like they will be between 6 and 10 seats short. They're doing well on first preferences, but you'd expect that Lab, Sf and Green seats would come from transfers, so the early FF rush may fade at the later stages of the counts.

Hard to say at this stage, but it looks like they will be between 6 and 10 seats short. They're doing well on first preferences, but you'd expect that Lab, Sf and Green seats would come from transfers, so the early FF rush may fade at the later stages of the counts.

There seems to be a discrepency between the news department predicting that there's a chance of that and the crowd from Primetime doing the more extensive coverage not really calling anything as yet.

*sigh* I know. Spineless and greedy. I'm depressed.

Alternatively they may simply not trust the alternative to right the wrongs and would rather a few extra quid in their pockets than the prospect of increased public spending with little effect.

Neither FG nor Lab have fought particularly inspiring campaign, and I say that as a lifelong Labour voter.

FF will have between 75 and 80 seats, so i can't see them inviting the 18-20 seats of Labour for a coalition as they would have to concede too many Ministries. Most likely seems to be FF/Green and possibly a few independents. Greens getting into Govt would be some sort of consolation for me anyway.
they'd insist on the environment minister role. first casualty: tara motorway.

one would hope.

Galway East and West. Looks like me aul Geography teacher (Burke FG Galway East) still has a fight on his hands.

Galway East 130 out of 149 boxes opened (87%)
1. Kitt 6780
2. Treacy 6503
3. Callanan 5504
4. Connaughton 5187
5. Burke 4892
6. Barton 4665
7. Tom McHugh 3259
8. Cannon 3181
9. Devlin 1525
10. Pat McHugh 1370
11. Keaveney 1313
12 Ni Chroinin 815
13. Feeney 356
14. Flynn 215
2 FF and 2 FG expected with at least one new face, if not two
Galway West with 100% boxes open
1. O Cuiv 9355 (surplus of 600 approx)
2. Fahey 5681
3. Grealish 5606
4. Higgins 5554
5. McCormack 4951
6. Crowe 4653
7. Healy Eames 3752
8. O Brolchain 2836
9. Connolly 1871
10 Welby 1720
11. Kyne 1798
12. Cox 1628
13. Carroll 1498
14. Lyons 1081
15. King 65
2. 3 and 4. all about 3000 short of quota. predicted to be same 5 sitting Tds unless Crowe can make up around 1000 votes to overtake McCormack to take 3rd seat for FF. All depends on transfers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back