General Election 2025 (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 243
  • Views 13K
  • Watchers 2
In sort of other amusing developments, but still unpleasant at the same time, Barrett is back and the movements and gestures he's using in this speech seem quite familiar. Not bothering to hide what he is any more

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In sort of other amusing developments, but still unpleasant at the same time, Barrett is back and the movements and gestures he's using in this speech seem quite familiar. Not bothering to hide what he is any more

Get away from me PRIEST!!

He's about as subtle as a brick in the face

With potentially 4 by-elections to take place within the next 6 months, what’s the likelihood of Harris calling a general election instead?

I still only hear about these guys from people who oppose them.

Yes. A lot of people seem to define themselevs as not being the worst of the other side.

I met Niall Boylan at an awards thing quite a while ago. He was really nice, he mistook me for Craig Ferguson, so we hit it off. We both won awards (I had never heard of him before)
And then over the years I watched him put out like slightly unpopular opinions, but get really entrenched and dig in when he got attacked. And he get angrier and angrier as time went on, and dug in even more. It was weird wtaching someone become ever more bitter and getting drawn deeper into the hard right.
I wonder a lot about how much just plain old internet argumenst have radicalised people - more than actual propoganda. You watch a video and it stays with you for a little bit.
You fucking argue with someone and it satys with you for days - I shoulda said this, I shoulda said that, these are why I'm right, and that idiot prick was wrong. Like I really think we're doing it to ourselves on both sides to a large degree.
But also, maybe not.

You're Scottish?
I bear a passing resemblance to the great man
I get Craig Ferguson somewhat often. Less so now that he's not on TV.
A woman I used to see casually called me Mr Wick (from teh Drew Carey show)

The awards show was in NYC and NB was probably expected to meet some high flyers
I'm sure I disappointed.

Yes. A lot of people seem to define themselevs as not being the worst of the other side.

I met Niall Boylan at an awards thing quite a while ago. He was really nice, he mistook me for Craig Ferguson, so we hit it off. We both won awards (I had never heard of him before)
And then over the years I watched him put out like slightly unpopular opinions, but get really entrenched and dig in when he got attacked. And he get angrier and angrier as time went on, and dug in even more. It was weird wtaching someone become ever more bitter and getting drawn deeper into the hard right.
I wonder a lot about how much just plain old internet argumenst have radicalised people - more than actual propoganda. You watch a video and it stays with you for a little bit.
You fucking argue with someone and it satys with you for days - I shoulda said this, I shoulda said that, these are why I'm right, and that idiot prick was wrong. Like I really think we're doing it to ourselves on both sides to a large degree.
But also, maybe not.
I've met him a few times tbh.
My slightly passive aggressive argument that's a lot more documented by people who study it more with that post was that the right wing thrive on extending thier reach by getting lefties to share thier shit rampantly.

My takeaway from this election is internet chat versus reality - saoirse Mc Hugh and Peter Casey bow out on almost equal footing, both largely relying on cyber campaigns. Hard right and left bow out on much lower but similar footing - they are the pure online rage bait votes. The vague middle ground safety vote that doesn't want this internet shit is winning, with exceptions like Ming who knows Europe and is at heart a guy everyone kinda knows in some sense.
On the other hand we've learned the power of horse people - no campaign, no interviews and no experience and the horse people have sent one of Thier own to probably do fuck all but shady deals where our laws are made. It's much more telling than a dail election

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back