General election 2020 (1 Viewer)

Now that the Greens have a say in government, there is no more Department of the Environment, and the parks and wildlife section of that has been giving to the Department of Housing. I look forward to the new estates along the Wicklow Way.

Now that the Greens have a say in government, there is no more Department of the Environment, and the parks and wildlife section of that has been giving to the Department of Housing. I look forward to the new estates along the Wicklow Way.

Its been dept climate/comms and somethign else for about 3 ministers now.

the golden eagle trust sure don't want that grant money from the government:

"More of the Same – Not Good enough.

Last Wednesday, the Environmental Pillar were quick to highlight a real missed opportunity, for Irish Nature, as the National Parks and Wildlife Service (the Statutory Authority for nature) were moved to the Department of Housing and Local Government.

Last night, the news got even worse. The previous Assistant General Secretary, Niall O Donoghue, who oversees the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS), is also leaving the previous Department and will continue to govern NPWS.
The Golden Eagle Trust completely disagree with his outlook for Rural Ireland. The following is not a personal criticism; it is a rather a discrete professional resistance, to a crucial cog in Ireland’s Public Administration, which is likely to stymie, choke and quench any meaningful national wildlife renewal. Irish Wildlife NGOs, have no choice but to focus on the two individual Departmental Civil Servants (The General Secretary and the Assistant General Secretary) that consistently lie between the NPWS and their acting Minister. We consistently focus on NPWS’s weakness and limited resources. At times we criticize a “Department”. But we also need to critique the role, of the precise layer of the Department, that governs NPWS."

and that's less than 20% of the statement.

Seems to be a fair amount of traction on the interwebs right now that the new minister for children, Roderick O'Rodders, is in some way mates with this guy Peter Thatchell who wants to lower the age of consent to 14 or some shit. Oops. (note, just discovered that in Poland it's 15!!)

Upon a bit of further reading, it all seems a bit reminiscent of the oul David Norris actually being a dickhead revelations back in 2011-ish.

Good man Jim, don't let him get away with those hotdog tweets

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back