General election 2020 (2 Viewers)

Ruth Coppinger out. Sad. It seems a lot of the final Fine Gael and Labour transfer votes went to Fianna Fail, which says a lot frankly.

Yes Ruth is one of the most disappointing losses :(
You'd think the party of WORKERS and their alleged arch enemy wouldn't support FF, eh? For a moment there i thought Jack Chambers might be out and the Solidarity/Greens would both get the seats.

When the lab eventually melted here in the west it was in the region of about 60% left 40% right.

+1 for Coppinger being a loss.
Really liked her
Have to think she'll be back
But Ruth not getting in on transfers puts the SF surge as more of a FFG backlash than a true lurch to the left. Just a guess though.

I'll take a little extra pleasure if Stephen DOnnelly goes out now.

Really liked her
Have to think she'll be back
But Ruth not getting in on transfers puts the SF surge as more of a FFG backlash than a true lurch to the left. Just a guess though.
I'd agree with that, she got lost amid various surges. Kind of spoils all the talk online of young Irish going "truly we have voted left this election."

I'm pretty hyped that two megabudget FFs who had the place wrecked with trumpy billboards and had a full time person working PR are 50% out at this point, and one might be toppled by an indie.

Going to bed when galway west ties up. (never).

still a chance here (dublin north west) that PBP could pull off an upset by leapfrogging FF. he's about 500 votes behind, but the next two candidates to be eliminated will be lab and GP, so more likely to transfer to him than FF i suspect.

Fwiw, I think every constituency has a Twitter feed, which should have the latest info

Looking great for my girl, Neasa

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why is Dublin Central such a small constituency ?
must be by far smallest in Dublin if not the whole country.
the quota is almost half what it is in Tipperary.

in Tipperary i think Alan Kelly will get last seat after Jackie Cahill (FF).
so Seamus Healy looks certain to lose out.
i would by far prefer him to Martin Browne (SF) who came from nowhere
to get 10,000 first preferences.
having said that i'm pretty sure Healy would have been happy supporting a SF/left coalition.

a big problem now is that left politicians have little scope for criticizing dodgier
elements of SF-ism. it's simply not transfer friendly.

Why is Dublin Central such a small constituency ?
must be by far smallest in Dublin if not the whole country.
the quota is almost half what it is in Tipperary.
Constituency has 4 seats, but has bounced from having 5 to 4 to 3 at various times

I guess that has affected quotas and such. Honestly haven't thought about it - prolly should have.

It's an odd shop - the massive Bertie years, and all the Christmas card and calendars etc
Tony Gregory, Maureen.
Mary Lou
Paschal fixing the road

It's got a lot of colour

Really hope Gary gets in

oddlly enough pascal is in bother there kinda, next three to fall excepting lab as a 50/50 are left transfer. needs 30% of the next three and neasa could be in before him bumping gannon.
He is in trouble, no doubt

You'd think Fitzpatrick's transfers might help him though - more than Christy anyways
Really want it for Gary

Neasa follows me on Twitter, cos we go way back [/brag]
She's gonna be a great TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back