Game of Thrones Season 8 (1 Viewer)

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads

But whatever.. everyone's mileage may differ on that one. What I REALLY want to know is this. Is there a difference between whining and whinging? Or are they both just synonyms for someone saying something on the Internet I don't agree with?

Sorry! Bolloxed up the spoiler tags and now I can't fix it. No one reads this thread without being up to date right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Exactly, Whoever above could only muster "That was shit" to the last episode should share with us their contribution to the human race in 2019.
Jesus dude, I've never really liked the show all that much save for Tyrion/Bron and Arya/Hound and I'm glad it's ending so I can stop, I didn't like the episode and it's nothing to do with them turning her heel too fast.

Benny Cake

Supporter
Threads
Jesus dude, I've never really liked the show all that much save for Tyrion/Bron and Arya/Hound and I'm glad it's ending so I can stop, I didn't like the episode and it's nothing to do with them turning her heel too fast.
haha, OK fair enough. Still, there are too many people who are way too invested in complaining way too much about a damn TV show.

egg_

Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Whining? Come one, dude. Some people don't think season 8 is all that great. That's allowed.
Ah yeah obvs you don't have to like it - and similar to yourself I thought the climaxes were over a bit suddenly and I was like "now what?" - but I think petitioning for "competent writers" when the whole thing has been such an enjoyable rollercoaster over the years is just a bit ... well, mean

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Ah yeah obvs you don't have to like it - and similar to yourself I thought the climaxes were over a bit suddenly and I was like "now what?" - but I think petitioning for "competent writers" when the whole thing has been such an enjoyable rollercoaster over the years is just a bit ... well, mean
Oh, I agree. That petition thing is beyond idiotic.

chris d

Supporter
Threads
I haven't had time to watch it so I am just reading spoilers.

How did the zombie dragon die? Did they just kill the white walkers and say no more? I was hoping there would be some more depth behind them. Like finding out if they had a city, or culture or something. Sounds like they were just lame baddies being baddies for the sake of it.

Benny Cake

Supporter
Threads
I haven't had time to watch it so I am just reading spoilers.

How did the zombie dragon die? Did they just kill the white walkers and say no more? I was hoping there would be some more depth behind them. Like finding out if they had a city, or culture or something. Sounds like they were just lame baddies being baddies for the sake of it.
You kill the Night King, you kill them all. I thought it was good that they were never explained, just like the everyone in Winterfell also had no clue.

chris d

Supporter
Threads
Poor dragon. Night King should have stayed at home. I demand a re-write.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
A bit ponderous but reasonable finish. Kind of hard to think of anything better to wrap up a sprawling and lengthy fantasy work.

Lili Marlene

Constant Management of Back
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Reasonably happy with how it ended, all things considered.

You can fairly trace all major problems with the show right back to when it passed out the books and began writing for twitter and stopped killing important people just because it could - so I won't hold one this season responsible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads