Game of Thrones Season 8 (1 Viewer)

No it's not. It's wanting some sort of plausible character development rather than a bunch of writers going "Hey guys, wouldn't it be really fucking cool if we got the dragon to burn down the whole city?"

But whatever.. everyone's mileage may differ on that one. What I REALLY want to know is this. Is there a difference between whining and whinging? Or are they both just synonyms for someone saying something on the Internet I don't agree with?

Sorry! Bolloxed up the spoiler tags and now I can't fix it. No one reads this thread without being up to date right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, Whoever above could only muster "That was shit" to the last episode should share with us their contribution to the human race in 2019.

Jesus dude, I've never really liked the show all that much save for Tyrion/Bron and Arya/Hound and I'm glad it's ending so I can stop, I didn't like the episode and it's nothing to do with them turning her heel too fast.

Jesus dude, I've never really liked the show all that much save for Tyrion/Bron and Arya/Hound and I'm glad it's ending so I can stop, I didn't like the episode and it's nothing to do with them turning her heel too fast.
haha, OK fair enough. Still, there are too many people who are way too invested in complaining way too much about a damn TV show.

Whining? Come one, dude. Some people don't think season 8 is all that great. That's allowed.
Ah yeah obvs you don't have to like it - and similar to yourself I thought the climaxes were over a bit suddenly and I was like "now what?" - but I think petitioning for "competent writers" when the whole thing has been such an enjoyable rollercoaster over the years is just a bit ... well, mean

Ah yeah obvs you don't have to like it - and similar to yourself I thought the climaxes were over a bit suddenly and I was like "now what?" - but I think petitioning for "competent writers" when the whole thing has been such an enjoyable rollercoaster over the years is just a bit ... well, mean

Oh, I agree. That petition thing is beyond idiotic.

I haven't had time to watch it so I am just reading spoilers.

How did the zombie dragon die? Did they just kill the white walkers and say no more? I was hoping there would be some more depth behind them. Like finding out if they had a city, or culture or something. Sounds like they were just lame baddies being baddies for the sake of it.

I haven't had time to watch it so I am just reading spoilers.

How did the zombie dragon die? Did they just kill the white walkers and say no more? I was hoping there would be some more depth behind them. Like finding out if they had a city, or culture or something. Sounds like they were just lame baddies being baddies for the sake of it.
You kill the Night King, you kill them all. I thought it was good that they were never explained, just like the everyone in Winterfell also had no clue.

Given that the whole mad queen thing has been seeded since season one, it’s kind of hard to say that they’ve turned on their heel with it. Especially when she has lost one of her “children”, saw another turned into a zombie, has had some of her closest companions brutally killed, and found out that not only is her lover her nephew but that he is actually in line for the job she has prepared for for years all in a few weeks - I can imagine that might trigger some kind of episode in someone with a familial history of mental breakdowns.

Reasonably happy with how it ended, all things considered.

You can fairly trace all major problems with the show right back to when it passed out the books and began writing for twitter and stopped killing important people just because it could - so I won't hold one this season responsible.

Had Arya ever expressed an interest in going exploring out West before last night or did they find themselves in a script meeting going, "shit, what are we going to do with her?"
I think she was just done with the whole stupid world, and fair play to her. She had the best ending, everyone else was stuck with the same old crap for the rest of their lives.

Reasonably happy with how it ended, all things considered.

I'm doinga rewatch shortly, but i mostly thought it was a grand ending. I think the bitching about the writing is a bit overdone. I'm never going to read the stupid books anyways, this is entirely a tv show to me. i think most of the bitching is to do with the discomfort around being convinced for a long time that Danearys was the good guy and then realising maybe not actually. Everyone thinks they are the good guy these days wether they are wok AF or walking about in a MAGA hat, i thought it was a wonderful reveal and think when i binge watch the last 6 again it might be a bit better again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back