Game of Thrones Season 8 (1 Viewer)

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Shifting or shafting?

First part was brilliant I thought. Way more powerful and effective than the overdone spectacle of what came before. I like the way it rediscovered it's humour towards the end as well. Sansa telling yer man to sit down. And was the last line of dialogue really about bringing a jackass into a brothel? If so, kudos.

ann post

Threads
Shifting or shafting?

First part was brilliant I thought. Way more powerful and effective than the overdone spectacle of what came before. I like the way it rediscovered it's humour towards the end as well. Sansa telling yer man to sit down. And was the last line of dialogue really about bringing a jackass into a brothel? If so, kudos.
i think it was

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Threads
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Shifting or shafting?

That's a joke that Tyrion has tried to tell a few times over the series, but always gets cut off. Lovely touch letting him try one last time and *still* doesn't get to finish it

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
I didn't hate it but also thought it was a bit stupid and the season as whole was way too rushed. Like Bran, he's a bit of a shit Spock really isn't he? "Ah I knew you were going to say that but I had no advice to give before or after"

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
Hard to disagree with the above.
I’d disagree with it, since they whole narrative arc of the show has led to a point where pragmatists are leading most of the families, but I have my own issue (which I’m sure will be addressed if/when Martin ever writes it) and that is

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Threads
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
I don't think we need spoilers anymore?

One massive plothole that annoyed me. Jon kills Dany, then goes up to Greyworm. "Listen, I'm after killing Dany, right, and Drogon scarpered with the body. We cool?".

After how rage filled we saw he was, and how much tension he'd had with Jon in the last two episodes, Greyworm doesn't destroy him there and then, or the Dothraki?

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
I’d disagree with it, since they whole narrative arc of the show has led to a point where pragmatists are leading most of the families, but I have my own issue (which I’m sure will be addressed if/when Martin ever writes it) and that is

That joke was so lame though. Pure wink and a nod stuff.

I think they tried to play it as Grey Worm just having no clue what to do once his Queen was gone. Like he needed someone to tell him to kill Jon in order to do it.

What I have a problem with was quite how many Unsullied and Dothraki were left. We were led to believe there were very few surviving the battle with the Others and should have been fewer still after the latest. Also how these foreign armies were portrayed as completely bloodthirsty and unthinking, where as the Westerosi were the only reasonable ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Change
    Memory
    Cindy Wilson
    Change

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads