Game of Thrones Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Well I’m knackered after that!

So we’re know onto the GOT equivalent of “The Scouring of the Shire”, yeah? Honestly, I think Cersei will win in the end.
maybe if George RR Martin was writing it, it's gotten incredibly sentimental at this point so i'd say it'll be a somewhat happy but overtly thinky ending. I could see the whole republic thing happening, "lets form a... United.... States?"

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
maybe if George RR Martin was writing it, it's gotten incredibly sentimental at this point so i'd say it'll be a somewhat happy but overtly thinky ending. I could see the whole republic thing happening, "lets form a... United.... States?"
Didn’t Martin give them the main plot? Surely something as big as the ending is set in stone, even if the details are up to the HBO crew.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
Ooh good point, that rings a bell.
Part of me is hoping for Martin’s nihilistic streak to be the final point in the series. Though another part of me is wondering if the remaining “goodies” are meant to represent the seven old gods and are destined to win (with the help of King’s Landing’s Sparrows):
Father: Jon Snow
Mother: Daenerys
Warrior: The Hound
Maiden: Sansa
Smith: Gendry
Crone: Bran(?)
Stranger: Arya

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
Well I’m knackered after that!

So we’re know onto the GOT equivalent of “The Scouring of the Shire”, yeah? Honestly, I think Cersei will win in the end.
Yep getting that all out of the way halfway through the final series is straight out of LOTRs. Apparently GRRM is a massive fan of Return of the King and how those books finished, so hardly surprising it's played out as it has.

pissypants

Threads
Yep getting that all out of the way halfway through the final series is straight out of LOTRs. Apparently GRRM is a massive fan of Return of the King and how those books finished, so hardly surprising it's played out as it has.
Except the TV show has nothing to do with the books now, and will likely end entirely differently, if at all...

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
Except the TV show has nothing to do with the books now, and will likely end entirely differently, if at all...
Mmm, I don't think that's entirely true. They have a broad outline from Martin on how the books will end and I'd assume they'll follow it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
    Dry Ice
    Green Day
    1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
  • Change
    Memory
    Cindy Wilson
    Change

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads