fucking hell is it break up season??? (2 Viewers)

250px-KylieMinogueJasonDonovanEspeciallyForYoucover.jpg

::clef:: ...HURDY GURDY... ::clef::...

im sorry if this thread is depressing. but it's no way as depressing as the evening i;ve had trying to gingerly tiptoe between taking painful heartbreaking phone calls from one half and doling out advice to the other half who was out with me in the pub.

i'm not trying to play one off the other - both are friends, both are turning to me for advice - i mean whatthefuckdoIdo???

i'll tell you what i will do. i will turn off this mac and go the fuck to sleep. it's 3.08am.

love to all!
x

oh, thats another one of the rules. Don't become mates with your mate's other halves. It just gets messy and awkward if/when they break up.

oh, thats another one of the rules. Don't become mates with your mate's other halves. It just gets messy and awkward if/when they break up.

eh....that's a little easier said than done i think!

worst thing is when my friend called me last night i was in a noisy club and actually said "sorry i can't hear you, you're breaking up"

i mean for fucks sake.

lala- have you considered that you are the common denominator in all this and that it might be all your fault?

Just saying..

jinx

jonah

home wrecker

etc

what? that's nonsense. as long as you don't mack on them. within the first two weeks. then it's fine to mack on them. mack on everyone, as much as possible.

lala- have you considered that you are the common denominator in all this and that it might be all your fault?

Just saying..

jinx

jonah

home wrecker

etc

believe me, the nuns in the convent down the road are getting more action than me.

my conscience is clear!

yes, I agree completely. I'm mates with a couple of ex's of mates of mine, and they're none too pleased about it. It makes for awkwardness, but I wouldn't not be mates with them to avoid the awkwardness.

Damn us for being such friendly, nice people!!

here it is. regarding the marriage, i know the girl better than the dude. he;s an acquaintance, not a friend.

in the second case i mentioned, i knew the girl before the guy. but as a group we are all very close and all very good friends. this is the one we (as a group) are finding the hardest. my allegiance is mostly with the girl, but the dude is also a good friend and was upset about it and talking with me last night.

in the third case, i knew the guy before the girl. but he is being a dick so my allegiance is with her.

UGH WHAT A MESS!!!!!!!!!

what? that's nonsense. as long as you don't mack on them. within the first two weeks. then it's fine to mack on them. mack on everyone, as much as possible.

PM'd you there.

having been through the most unimaginably fucked up heart-breaking break-up you could never imagine last year, i'm confident that i can deal with the rest of life's curve-balls with a firm hand. yeeehaaw.

Summer does bring these feelings into people I find.

I too have just come to the end of a 4 year relationship

Same here. It sucks. It was one of those constantly breaking up and getting back together relationships where you can't ever seem to really make a clean break. It's really hard when you share the same friends and equally as hard for your friends too.

Weird though..I used to have a rule about getting back with exes which was ...DON'T DO IT!! No point in going backwards in your life. But then spent the last 4 years doing just that. Stoopid.

Same here. It sucks. It was one of those constantly breaking up and getting back together relationships where you can't ever seem to really make a clean break. It's really hard when you share the same friends and equally as hard for your friends too.

Weird though..I used to have a rule about getting back with exes which was ...DON'T DO IT!! No point in going backwards in your life. But then spent the last 4 years doing just that. Stoopid.

it's always hard to try and impose rules upon yourself - you always just act with your gut instinct when things happen though i guess.
retrospect can be a bad thing some times, best to just look forward and not blame yourself for decisions you made that you can't change now.

it's always hard to try and impose rules upon yourself - you always just act with your gut instinct when things happen though i guess.
retrospect can be a bad thing some times, best to just look forward and not blame yourself for decisions you made that you can't change now.

It would be easier if the other person did something really awful..to make you hate them..it's easier to break up with someone and be angry then to just have to extract yourself out of the situation cos it's just not working..and not cos you don't love each other anymore. THat probably doesn't make much sense. What i mean is if you fall out of love it's pretty easy to get on with things, you feel bad for the other person but emotionally you can move on. But when you both still love each other but are trying repeatedly to make something work, that just plainly isn't working, you have to call it quits at some point and that's poxy.

Lesson learnt: 2 x stubborn people = disaster area !ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back