Forbidden Fruit 2015 lineup announced (1 Viewer)

I spotted him lurking at the side of the stage early on. During the VU bit that her band did, I could see her walking over to him and asking him something ...... all the people around him were making "Go on Kevin!" type gestures. When she did that song where she plays an acoustic in Barcelona she dragged some dude up from the crowd to play guitar on it, so when she started in on that I turned to my missus and said "Right, Kevin Shields is going to start playing guitar with her now" and bingo .... three minutes later. You can't really say no to Patti Smith.
I missed this highlight, as I left at that point; thought the Horses set was terrific, much better than expected, but I thought the VU bit was too cheesy. Dancing Barefoot sounded great though.
Have to say the crowd did my fucking head in; very drugged up, very beered up and very messy.
I'm on my high horse coz I was sober and therefore totes jell.

I missed this highlight, as I left at that point; thought the Horses set was terrific, much better than expected, but I thought the VU bit was too cheesy. Dancing Barefoot sounded great though.
Have to say the crowd did my fucking head in; very drugged up, very beered up and very messy.
I'm on my high horse coz I was sober and therefore totes jell.

The VU bit was a bit cheesy but easy to forgive. She did a superb version of Pissing In The River right after Dancing Barefoot. A real highlight of the gig. To be honest the Kevin Shields thing was fun but he wasn't really doing much so I wouldn't worry about missing that. I agree about the crowd ... but it goes with the territory at these sorts of events.

I didn't go to Patti Smith but I did go to the Saturday night of Forbidden Fruit and I had a fantastic time. I also learned on Saturday that shell suits and step hair cuts are back in fashion.

The VU bit was a bit cheesy but easy to forgive. She did a superb version of Pissing In The River right after Dancing Barefoot. A real highlight of the gig. To be honest the Kevin Shields thing was fun but he wasn't really doing much so I wouldn't worry about missing that. I agree about the crowd ... but it goes with the territory at these sorts of events.
Fair enough, glad I didn't miss anything on that front; her Horses set was brilliant, great sound and she's a fantastic performer. ah yeah I suppose you have to be prepared on the crowd front, whatchagonnadoo?
How was Primavera?

this is sciency's brain today

lshiftLeft.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back