Forbidden Fruit 2015 lineup announced (1 Viewer)

Unless.... its 300 headbangers in a large ditch and the bands sound like either A.Some lads killing a cat B.Some lads hitting guitars with ball pein hammers or C.Both of the last two sets of lads all onstage together at 6 in the morning roaring stuff about animal rights and the polis are total scum. and I'm on ketamine in the ditch fighting some mad cunt over a half a can of lager next door....I'm not interested.

probably fair to classify that as a 'niche' festival

I heard Gareth Brooks is doing 5 concerts in the IMMA this summer

I'd have no problem with Garth Brooks doing five shows next door. There are events taking place there all the time, there have been 5 show events before, and they're usually well managed and cause no disruption. And a concert is not the same as a festival.

Forbidden Fruit, however, is not well managed and despite the warning that you can't bring in your own drink people continue to show up with crates of beer, are refused entry with them and then sit around our apartment complex drinking them, sometimes for the entire day, instead of bringing them home or ditching them. The Gardai turn a blind eye to the fact that this is happening (despite public consumption of alcohol and public urination being offences) and so residents are made to suffer.

And seriously, pissing down into a creche playground and thinking it's funny!? You think that's ok?

I'd have no problem with Garth Brooks doing five shows next door. There are events taking place there all the time, there have been 5 show events before, and they're usually well managed and cause no disruption. And a concert is not the same as a festival.

Forbidden Fruit, however, is not well managed and despite the warning that you can't bring in your own drink people continue to show up with crates of beer, are refused entry with them and then sit around our apartment complex drinking them, sometimes for the entire day, instead of bringing them home or ditching them. The Gardai turn a blind eye to the fact that this is happening (despite public consumption of alcohol and public urination being offences) and so residents are made to suffer.

And seriously, pissing down into a creche playground and thinking it's funny!? You think that's ok?

Do ya not think it's more the different crowds rather than how it's managed? Most of the gigs there tend to appeal to a slightly older crowd, and people going just for one gig tend to be a bit more sensible about the whole process anyway, whereas 3-day festivals in Ireland are for people who want to drink and get fucked up and not really bother listening to the music.

You're gonna have a fuckin nightmare this year with that line-up, that's for sure!

I'm surprised (not that surprised) that people were so thick that they thought they could get crates of booze into a non-camping festival.

Do ya not think it's more the different crowds rather than how it's managed? Most of the gigs there tend to appeal to a slightly older crowd, and people going just for one gig tend to be a bit more sensible about the whole process anyway, whereas 3-day festivals in Ireland are for people who want to drink and get fucked up and not really bother listening to the music.

You're gonna have a fuckin nightmare this year with that line-up, that's for sure!

Different crowds yes. But event security need to manage the people they refuse entry to, or the gardai do. Refusing to let them into the grounds of IMMA but turning a blind eye to them drinking outside the gates, on the public footpath or outside the doors of private residential properties is irresponsible and unfair to local residents. To do so without providing some kind of toilet facilities is even worse. At least last year they provided some guy to pick up after them to some extent, though there were still empty cans and broken bottles everywhere (including in the aforementioned creche playground).

Compare to recent events at Phoenix Park, where I've seen gardai taking single cans off people as far away from its gates as Heuston Station.

I'm surprised (not that surprised) that people were so thick that they thought they could get crates of booze into a non-camping festival.

What I can't get over is that some of these people actually sit outside the gate for 4 or 5 hours drinking and chatting. They can't hear any music from there and I'd assume that most of them could have dropped the booze home and come back and gone in (or just stayed at home and drunk it there) in that time. What's the point? They're not actually at the festival, or enjoying it, just engaging in anti-social behaviour usually reserved for the homeless who at least have the excuse of not having a home or a bathroom.

Hanging out at your gaff watching people trying to figure out how to schneak in a slab of cans is comedy gold though.

Until they unzip facing the windows and start pissing into the playground ;)

Is it illegal to shoot people with paintgun pellets, or high pressure water?

The best I can hope for is that we have torrential downpours for the entire weekend - and that sucks.

Until they unzip facing the windows and start pissing into the playground ;)

Is it illegal to shoot people with paintgun pellets, or high pressure water?

The best I can hope for is that we have torrential downpours for the entire weekend - and that sucks.
isn't there usually a consultation with the garda, promoters, venue, etc. beforehand? like pre-production? get the locals/residents' committee to make a submission based on previous experiences. even if there isn't, a preemptive chat with the community garda might yield results.

the promoters will have to comply with anything on the garda say-so.

The promoters weren't the only ones turning a blind eye though. There was a garda presence too.

We've made complaints to the management company, as has pretty much everyone else living in the complex, though the building we live in the the one most affected. Their response was to negotiate a total of 50 free day tickets, first come first served to the approximately 2000+ residents.

The promoters weren't the only ones turning a blind eye though. There was a garda presence too.

We've made complaints to the management company, as has pretty much everyone else living in the complex, though the building we live in the the one most affected. Their response was to negotiate a total of 50 free day tickets, first come first served to the approximately 2000+ residents.
fuck that, bad form. would've thought the house mafia thing would've meant a more active garda presence. can you take any cues from the croker residents? any solicitors among the 2000+ that can threaten to scupper the licence application or insist on certain conditions?

I must try and get free tickets to the football and/or get it shut down. I live right beside O'Mahoney's and when there is a big game on it's a nightmare. Oh wait, I live right beside the biggest GAA pitch in Meath.

POD & Bulmers present

Forbidden Fruit 2015

The City Centre Multi-Stage Music & Arts Festival

June Bank Holiday Weekend / Friday 29th - Sunday 31st May

The Royal Hospital, Kilmainham, Dublin 8

POD & Bulmers are happy to announce that early bird day tickets for Forbidden Fruit Festival will go on sale at 9am on Tuesday 24th February.
Friday - €39.50. Saturday - €49.50. Sunday - €49.50.

Friday 29th May - Gates 4:30pm:

FATBOY SLIM headline show, with support from DISCIPLES and other special guests, to be announced.

Saturday 30th May - Gates 2:30pm:

WU TANG CLAN, GROOVE ARMADA DJ SET, JAMIE XX, MR SCRUFF, JOEY BADA$$, EARL SWEATSHIRT, MOUNT KIMBIE DJ SET, BAKERMAT, KELELA,
DAMIAN LAZARUS & THE ANCIENT MOONS, BOOKA BRASS BAND, plus many more to be announced

Sunday 31st May - Gates 2:30pm:

RICHIE HAWTIN, BOOKA SHADE LIVE, RUN THE JEWELS, MATADOR, CYRIL HAHN, DUSKY, WAZE & ODYSSEY, plus many more to be announced.

Stay tuned for more announcements on our indie and comedy line-ups, as well as many more top-quality acts of a similar flavour to above.

Early bird weekend tickets on sale now at €109 inc booking fee, through Ticketmaster and usual outlets.

Early bird day tickets on sale at 9am Tuesday 24th February. Friday €39.50. Saturday €49.50. Sunday €49.50

www.ticketmaster.ie/Ph 0818 719300

Prices include booking fee but subject to service charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back