Fontaines DC (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
How come singing about Duuuuvvvvvvllllaaaan didn't do the biz for Barry McCormack like it seems to have done for these lads? (says the person who hasn't heard a note of theirs)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
The sub editor needs a slap too "
Who’s like the Gallaghers and who like Damon Albarn?

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
How come singing about Duuuuvvvvvvllllaaaan didn't do the biz for Barry McCormack like it seems to have done for these lads? (says the person who hasn't heard a note of theirs)
If he was more Mark E, Smith , with a Dublin accent and less Dylan, with a Dublin accent ...

seanc

Threads
They're playing some sort of Damien Dempsey/Oasis type tune by these lads on the radio right now.

I think a lot of you are very harsh on FDC. However, that tune definitely grinded my gears. You've already taken the Liberties, don't claim Donaghmede as well.

Unicron

Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Was pretty sure that the two guys from The Script were from The Liberties but I now go and look at Wikipedia and see that ...

"Danny O'Donoghue was born in Dublin, Ireland, to Shay O'Donoghue, a member of the band The Dreams, and Ailish O'Donoghue. He is the youngest of six children and was raised in Ballinteer, Dublin."
He has a grandparent from the Liberties.

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com

BlackGrape

Threads
I love this band and fair play to rettucs putting this thread up "Start dateJun 23, 2017"..you have a great ear..great ear ..is their a c;lap emoji on Thumped btw?

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
It's an odd one - like she instinctively looks down on such unsophisticated music and fans, but can't help but be a bit moved by the plebs' earnestness and joy
An honest appraisal of ones feelings is better than pretending you like something because you're afraid of being called elitist or a snob. The Script are selling out the Point, they've already won the game.

egg_

nerd/hippy
Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Oh I agree about the honesty, but I think her digs at the script and their fans are a bit obvious. To me it feels like there's a more insightful article in there if she had avoided that

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Personally I feel the music of the Script is a bit obvious and gets the reviews it deserves.

Ah no, I know what you're saying, there's that Carl Wilson book that goes into great detail about that kind of thing. The joke being that now, 10+ years later, Celine Dion is considered cool.

Benny Cake

Supporter
Threads
Oh I agree about the honesty, but I think her digs at the script and their fans are a bit obvious. To me it feels like there's a more insightful article in there if she had avoided that
It’s a pop concert review, why does it need to be more insightful?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Parade - Music from the Motion Picture Under the Cherry Moon
    Christopher Tracy's Parade
    Prince
    Parade - Music from the Motion Picture Under the Cherry Moon
  • Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads