Fontaines DC (1 Viewer)

How come singing about Duuuuvvvvvvllllaaaan didn't do the biz for Barry McCormack like it seems to have done for these lads? (says the person who hasn't heard a note of theirs)

The sub editor needs a slap too "
Who’s like the Gallaghers and who like Damon Albarn?

How come singing about Duuuuvvvvvvllllaaaan didn't do the biz for Barry McCormack like it seems to have done for these lads? (says the person who hasn't heard a note of theirs)
If he was more Mark E, Smith , with a Dublin accent and less Dylan, with a Dublin accent ...

They're playing some sort of Damien Dempsey/Oasis type tune by these lads on the radio right now.

I think a lot of you are very harsh on FDC. However, that tune definitely grinded my gears. You've already taken the Liberties, don't claim Donaghmede as well.

Was pretty sure that the two guys from The Script were from The Liberties but I now go and look at Wikipedia and see that ...

"Danny O'Donoghue was born in Dublin, Ireland, to Shay O'Donoghue, a member of the band The Dreams, and Ailish O'Donoghue. He is the youngest of six children and was raised in Ballinteer, Dublin."

He has a grandparent from the Liberties.

IIRC he went a bit mad in Jenn Gannon's DMs over this review

Lol tho, best bit of Irish times music writing this year

Hahahahaha I love it when bands have done something to annoy the journalist. The RTE review of Picture This last year was also fucking hilarious, apparently it was cause they wouldn't go on the late late at the time.

I love this band and fair play to rettucs putting this thread up "Start dateJun 23, 2017"..you have a great ear..great ear ..is their a c;lap emoji on Thumped btw?

It's an odd one - like she instinctively looks down on such unsophisticated music and fans, but can't help but be a bit moved by the plebs' earnestness and joy
An honest appraisal of ones feelings is better than pretending you like something because you're afraid of being called elitist or a snob. The Script are selling out the Point, they've already won the game.

Personally I feel the music of the Script is a bit obvious and gets the reviews it deserves.

Ah no, I know what you're saying, there's that Carl Wilson book that goes into great detail about that kind of thing. The joke being that now, 10+ years later, Celine Dion is considered cool.

Oh I agree about the honesty, but I think her digs at the script and their fans are a bit obvious. To me it feels like there's a more insightful article in there if she had avoided that
It’s a pop concert review, why does it need to be more insightful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back