Film chat (1 Viewer)

Classic example of that kind of agenda based criticism.

"Look at me I studied art, I know everything about expressionism, photorealism and the role of women in the 17th century, this film isn't concerned with any of that so therefore is bad, I'm sooooo smart and cultured I wish more people were like me. I'm sniffing my own farts right now...oooohh so good soo farty soooo Kevin, I gave birth to stink and it was gooooood. MMmmmmmm."

Just to blow washingcattle's mind here i'm gonna point out that I generally agree with him on this review. It was a film about the technical mechanics of making the painting, not a cultural review of what it reflects.

My only disappointment was that they never placed the two paintings beside each other at the end to compare. Made me think that maybe theirs was actually way off.

Just to blow washingcattle's mind here i'm gonna point out that I generally agree with him on this review. It was a film about the technical mechanics of making the painting, not a cultural review of what it reflects.

My only disappointment was that they never placed the two paintings beside each other at the end to compare. Made me think that maybe theirs was actually way off.
You disagreeing with me ? You're right. My mind is blown.

Yeah the whole point of it, as far as I could work out, was to highlight the painstaking physical process that actually goes into creating a work of 'genius', and to try and work out how close an ordinary person can get just by following that mechanical process as exactly as possible (and in doing so, hopefully reveal how much of 'genius' comes from pure technique).. He wasn't interested in the cultural and art history behind the painting except in relation to the details of its physical creation, so this reviewer seems to have missed the point. My own review: interesting subject matter but felt a bit 'made for TV'..

We put the common conception that Washingcattle is a prick to the test! Tune in later to find out our results!!
First off we have to scientifically define what makes one a prick. For this we're going to look at all the people on thumped.com's message board and extrapolate the qualities that makes them pricks. For this we'll need a series of complex algorithms which look for prickish behaviour so I'm just going to enter the information now.... And as you can see from the graph.

HM+Graph+kingand77.gif

The red is the average level of prickism amongst Thumped users. Green is washincattle. I think we can call it, I think this is plausible. He's a prick alright. What do you think Walrus man ?

Oh Yeah he's a prick alright, just look at how he treats Joanna Newsome ?

Yeah you're right the results were never in doubt. Remember the time he said someone should be raped to death ?

Wait that wasn't actually him.

Yeah but he sure took some shit for it though didn't he.

Yeah fuck him. Goodnight!!!

Is this rerelease gonna be shown in Dublin does anyone know? I'd really like to see it. If for no other reason than that the cover of my older brothers copy of the Tangerine Dream soundtrack formed an important part of the iconography of my childhood. And it sounds great.

That is the same film, right?

Is this rerelease gonna be shown in Dublin does anyone know? I'd really like to see it. If for no other reason than that the cover of my older brothers copy of the Tangerine Dream soundtrack formed an important part of the iconography of my childhood. And it sounds great.

Yup it's fucking unbelievable.

See if there's anywhere that does this in Dublin

Pick and Mix Screenings, Wedding Screenings, Corporate Events - ODEON

And put it on in between christmas and new years and I for sure will go see it, and bring my Da.

Edit : Or this

Home | ourscreen

Or Maybe I'll just ask the folks at the lighthouse.

Yup it's fucking unbelievable.

See if there's anywhere that does this in Dublin

Pick and Mix Screenings, Wedding Screenings, Corporate Events - ODEON

And put it on in between christmas and new years and I for sure will go see it, and bring my Da.

Edit : Or this

Home | ourscreen

Or Maybe I'll just ask the folks at the lighthouse.

For what it's worth, I wrote to Jdiff after the screening I saw telling them to get Friedkin over.
They said they're all over it and have made plans to get him to the festival.
So, I don't know for a fact that they'll be screening Sorcerer, but it sounds like a near cert.
Friedkin is super proud of this film.

Not to go on, but seeing it with him is a very nice treat you could do for yourself.

Jdiff is in March next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back