Film chat (5 Viewers)

I downloaded Babel and Biutiful to watch a while back. Do I really want to go through with them?

I remember 21 Grams being heavy and not much else.

I downloaded Babel and Biutiful to watch a while back. Do I really want to go through with them?

I remember 21 Grams being heavy and not much else.
I liked 21 Grams and Biutiful. Heavy as fuck alright but you couldn't fault the performances.

I liked parts of Babel. The deaf Japanese girl part and the Mexican wedding had great moments in it. It's uneven but the parts that work work pretty well. The parts that don't are really trying. As a concept though the film was pretty brave, I mean making four films about our difficulty to communicate is something I admire. The Brad Pitt / Cate Blanchette part was way to literal though.

It's worth a look but Biutiful is worth a look just on account of the performances being excellent. I can barely remember the plot though which isn't a great sign.

I liked 21 Grams and Biutiful. Heavy as fuck alright but you couldn't fault the performances.

I liked parts of Babel. The deaf Japanese girl part and the Mexican wedding had great moments in it. It's uneven but the parts that work work pretty well. The parts that don't are really trying. As a concept though the film was pretty brave, I mean making four films about our difficulty to communicate is something I admire. The Brad Pitt / Cate Blanchette part was way to literal though.

It's worth a look but Biutiful is worth a look just on account of the performances being excellent. I can barely remember the plot though which isn't a great sign.

It's just all so fucking worthy.
All of Babel was literal. Even the title. Like come fucking on.
21 Grams and Babel could have been written by Ally Sheedy's character in Breakfast Club. If she was stupid.
The weight of a soul? Fuck off.
The guy is an asshole. A boring one.

It's just all so fucking worthy.
All of Babel was literal. Even the title. Like come fucking on.
21 Grams and Babel could have been written by Ally Sheedy's character in Breakfast Club. If she was stupid.
The weight of a soul? Fuck off.
The guy is an asshole. A boring one.
Nah, I don't agree, they were weighty and parts didn't work, all that weight of a soul stuff was nonsense, but again the Benicio Del Torro part of that film worked for me. I thought parts of Babel were really good but IMHO his films work because he does interesting things with structure, knows how to let actors do their work and even though he is "manipulating" the audience he's doing it with at least degree of warmth and humanity. Basically if you could take some of him and some of David Fincher and add them together you could make one really good director.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back