Film chat (4 Viewers)

Saw a shambolic screening of Gone Girl at Williamsburg Cinemas in Brooklyn on Sunday that convinced me of the ongoing need for projectionists in the digital age.. Took 3 hrs 15 mins to get through the film thanks to constant projector freezes and restarts, with somebody having to run to the lobby and fetch the 18-year old kid from the popcorn counter to fix the machine each time.

Saw a shambolic screening of Gone Girl at Williamsburg Cinemas in Brooklyn on Sunday that convinced me of the ongoing need for projectionists in the digital age.. Took 3 hrs 15 mins to get through the film thanks to constant projector freezes and restarts, with somebody having to run to the lobby and fetch the 18-year old kid from the popcorn counter to fix the machine each time.

Damn, I'd have thought this would be a digital release.

I had the projectionist screw up the reel order at love & Other Drugs

For about 20 minutes Jake Gylenhaal is wheeling about in a fancy car, and then he goes and buys it.

Kind of actually made the film more bearable.

But that was a digital screening right?

When I saw Gone Girl in Cineworld there was a lot of weird horizontal digital glitch lines appearing. Wasn't particularly annoying but still it should look perfect, there shouldn't be ANY problems.

Also Boyhood was definitely slightly out of focus when I saw it in The Screen. I don't really like to bad mouth an independent cinema but there's always a problem of one sort or another whenever I'm there.

When I saw DOTPOTA 3D the screen kept flickering. I complained twice and they couldn't fix it. They apologised at the end and gave everyone a free ticket to a film of their choice.

But that was a digital screening right?

Damn, I'd have thought this would be a digital release.

Yeah it was digital, sorry maybe I didn't make that clear. It seemed like it would only reset to certain points, so we'd to rewatch about half an hour's worth overall, also there was one accidental jump forward to near the end of the film. Felt sorry for the food-counter girl who was trying to fix it, probably on a fairly low wage and she was getting boos and jeers each time and getting more flustered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back