Fight For Women's Right to Choose! (2 Viewers)

Well kinda but was disappointed with ur reply

Originally Posted by Buzzo
Your lack of empathy for women in this situation is unnerving. Cold as ice.

I hate when women say that, I think Women have more rights in Ireland then men.....I really do but yet they keep throwing that line at us about they havn't

:)

it seems neither side in this debate is interested in acknowledging the existance of any kind of middle ground/debatable issue and any attempt to step anywhere into the middle is deliberately interpreted as being offensive and the offensiveness of the points is then used to justify dismissing the points rather than dealing with them. its all a big shouting match - whoever shouts last wins

it seems neither side in this debate is interested in acknowledging the existance of any kind of middle ground/debatable issue and any attempt to step anywhere into the middle is deliberately interpreted as being offensive and the offensiveness of the points is then used to justify dismissing the points rather than dealing with them. its all a big shouting match - whoever shouts last wins

Discussions like this about abortion fill me with dread. And obstinacy. And dread at the inevitable obstinacy of the people on the 'other side'. You can't win.

I find that offensive.

I'm pointing out the fact that MN called the situation of a woman carrying an unwanted child, and having to go through the trauma of travelling abroad for an abortion an 'uncomfortable compromise'.
He called the current legal situation regarding abortion an 'uncomfortable compromise' between the pro-choice and the pro-life sides of the debate. I know one encompasses the other, but that doesn't mean they're the same thing.

You guys are making me feel old. Haven't you ever heard of Hanlon's Razor?

Abortion should be legal here as it will mean women can get abortions much earlier in their pregnancies.

A termination of a pregnancy needs to happen at the very early stages.
Otherwise it can't be justified and the effects are devasting.

Saying that you have to travel to the UK to get it done isn't a viable compromise. Especially for those who genuinely cannot afford it.

However making abortion freely available to anyone who wants to terminate a pregnancy for any reason is irresponsible.
Abortion should only apply in reasonably extreme cases.

Having an abortion because the pregnancy will affect the woman's career or for a reason such as that reflects something deeply disturbing in our society.
That needs to be addressed.
Women should be entitled to have children and have a fulfilling career.

As in Rory O'Hanlon?

ohanlonr.jpg

That's a Gillette Fusion manual, if my calculations are correct.

I made it half way through this thread and have decided to give up. THIS is what I have against Pro-Lifers, the fucking emotional blackmail bullshit they spew. How is it that people are allowed to shove a point of view in people's faces like this??? How ON earth do you think a woman who was forced to have an abortion for medical purposes, or because she had been raped would feel seeing this? Do you not think the emotional baggage is enough already??? Christ I have rarely been this angry, I can barely type. You know, at least most people who are pro-choice fully accept the right of pro-lifers to be anti-abortion, it is your belief, your opinion, your choice - I fully respect that, I would never try to change your mind so why should I, because of my beliefs and my opinions have to put up with shit like this just because I believe in having control over my own body and my own choices, whatever the extenuating circumstances may be?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Fucking bullshit.

I want this on a t-shirt!!!

Ah yeah, but it was posted by Janer - he's Thumped's equivalent of a mad uncle living in the attic.

I made it half way through this thread and have decided to give up. THIS is what I have against Pro-Lifers, the fucking emotional blackmail bullshit they spew. How is it that people are allowed to shove a point of view in people's faces like this??? How ON earth do you think a woman who was forced to have an abortion for medical purposes, or because she had been raped would feel seeing this? Do you not think the emotional baggage is enough already??? Christ I have rarely been this angry, I can barely type. You know, at least most people who are pro-choice fully accept the right of pro-lifers to be anti-abortion, it is your belief, your opinion, your choice - I fully respect that, I would never try to change your mind so why should I, because of my beliefs and my opinions have to put up with shit like this just because I believe in having control over my own body and my own choices, whatever the extenuating circumstances may be?

Fucking bullshit.

Fucking bullshit.

aye, this is what janer represents on this issue: no arguments, a "you are wrong i am right" attitude, and a constant recourse to sanctimonious, simpistic, ignorant and obnoxious sloganising.

i have given up on attempting rational argument with janer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back