Fashion gripes (1 Viewer)

This is one of my fashion gripes too. Top Shop do a size 42 (which is apparently a size 9 these days) in most styles and Faith do a size 9 range. Evans shoes are massively wide...I'd fit two of my feet into one of them.

Topshop size 9 don't fit me...well they do, but at a push and with discomfort - probly cos being a 42 they are actually size 8 marketed as a size 9!! Didn't realise Faith did 9 though, must check that out! :)

Topshop size 9 don't fit me...well they do, but at a push and with discomfort - probly cos being a 42 they are actually size 8 marketed as a size 9!! Didn't realise Faith did 9 though, must check that out! :)
I find TS shoes a bit like their clothes - the sizes seem to change depending on the pair. In any case it pisses me off something serious that 42 at some point mutated from being an 8 to a 9. I wish someone had told my feet so they could have had the decency to shrink accordingly.

Here's the Faith range: http://www.faith.co.uk/categorylist.aspx?cid=26&language=en-GB

They could be 42 though, I'm not sure.

Actually I saw in a magazine over the weekend that there's a new type of cosmetic surgery to reduce toe length (!) which involves removing a piece of bone from the toe, joining the remaining parts with a pin, and then later removing the pin so that the toe is then shortened in length...

Actually I saw in a magazine over the weekend that there's a new type of cosmetic surgery to reduce toe length (!) which involves removing a piece of bone from the toe, joining the remaining parts with a pin, and then later removing the pin so that the toe is then shortened in length...

People have way too much time and money. Seriously, like, ffs.

I find TS shoes a bit like their clothes - the sizes seem to change depending on the pair. In any case it pisses me off something serious that 42 at some point mutated from being an 8 to a 9. I wish someone had told my feet so they could have had the decency to shrink accordingly.

Here's the Faith range: http://www.faith.co.uk/categorylist.aspx?cid=26&language=en-GB

They could be 42 though, I'm not sure.

I seriously would do this. I joke constantly about getting half my big toe cut off...people laugh but I mean it! Oh the agony of being a woman, walking into a shoe shop and knowing you can never buy anything :(

it's mad, isnt it? apparently it's huge in hollywood, where everyone now must have perfect toes, too.

it's mad, isnt it? apparently it's huge in hollywood, where everyone now must have perfect toes, too.

Surely this will just result in lots of people walking around with stumpy toes. Next thing you know they'll be binding girls feet to make sure they don't grow too big, or the "wrong" shape to fit into designer shoes.

Surely this will just result in lots of people walking around with stumpy toes. Next thing you know they'll be binding girls feet to make sure they don't grow too big, or the "wrong" shape to fit into designer shoes.

I am sure it's already started, like square watermelons.

watermelon_square.jpg

I seriously would do this. I joke constantly about getting half my big toe cut off...people laugh but I mean it! Oh the agony of being a woman, walking into a shoe shop and knowing you can never buy anything :(
I used to always talk about giving my toes the chop but now that the procedure actually exists I'm starting to feel a bit squeamish about it...

I used to always talk about giving my toes the chop but now that the procedure actually exists I'm starting to feel a bit squeamish about it...

we should all group together and open a shop that sells larger sized shoes, boots to fit all legs, funky clothes for curvy women and cheap(er) underwear for the larger lady.
we'd make a fortune :rolleyes:

if i had the money, i think i'd consider the toe chop. i hate hate hate my big feet. being stuck wearing converse all the time is no fun.

i squeeze myself into the topshop shoes sometimes but because i walk everywhere it's never very practical.
other places with big sizes:
- office do off-the-rack size nines which actually fit and are comfortable! haven't bought a pair yet due to lack of money, but hope to some time.

- nine west do generously sized 8s, if you have a bit more cash.

- same goes for hush puppies.

- cinderella shoes now have a shop in stephen's green, but approach with caution. the shoes are generally ugly.

i didn't know about faith before though! i can't wait to go in and look when i have some money.

also, if i ever had the money to afford the surgery i think i'd probably just pay Jimmy Choo to custom design me a pair or two instead :D

I'm with Jane on this one. Yeah, shoes are grand like but hundreds of euro on them? They are just shoes!

It reminds me of a scene from that show with Tommy Hilfiger’s daughter. I looked it up, it was called Rich Girls. I saw one or two episodes and if I could kick shins through the tv, I would have.

They were talking about how they should send their old mattress to kids in Africa so they didn't need to sleep in the dirt and how maybe they shouldn’t buy 400 dollar shoes and instead save a life. Of course then they went shopping after the heart to heart.

But this just blew me away: “people in the midwest buy cargo pants because they need the pockets while working in the fields” Are you kidding me?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have ugly feet!Ive never worn open toed shoes or flip flops cos they are really U.G.L.Y! but jesus even if i had all the money in the world i wouldn't have toe surgery!I was mad envious of Hayworth's open toed shoes on Saturday!

I have ugly feet!Ive never worn open toed shoes or flip flops cos they are really U.G.L.Y! but jesus even if i had all the money in the world i wouldn't have toe surgery!I was mad envious of Hayworth's open toed shoes on Saturday!

My stilts? They give me about 5-6 inches in height. I have what I refer to as Barney Rubble feet. Blocks. Everything is the same size. I'd be good for pedaling cars.

Barney.gif

if i had the money, i think i'd consider the toe chop. i hate hate hate my big feet. being stuck wearing converse all the time is no fun.

i squeeze myself into the topshop shoes sometimes but because i walk everywhere it's never very practical.
other places with big sizes:
- office do off-the-rack size nines which actually fit and are comfortable! haven't bought a pair yet due to lack of money, but hope to some time.

- nine west do generously sized 8s, if you have a bit more cash.

- same goes for hush puppies.

- cinderella shoes now have a shop in stephen's green, but approach with caution. the shoes are generally ugly.

i didn't know about faith before though! i can't wait to go in and look when i have some money.

I'm with you on the cinderella shoes, they are pretty awful. Fitzpatricks on Grafton St do some size nines too but again ugly 99% of the time. I didn't know about Office either...Office and Faith two new places to try, yay :)

I too can only wear converse, as a result I have owned up to 4 pairs in different colours at any given time!

Hayworth: I would not generally spend a lot of money on shoes or any other kind of clothing, infact it hurts to shop outside of Penneys, but when you own ONE pair of shoes that fit that you then have to wear to work and out on the town and then two pairs of converse which do for the rest of the time, you become more willing to fork out. I don't have the luxury of walking in to Dunnes and picking up a pair of shoes for 20 quid unfortunately, much though I'd love to!

Also Rich Girls was hilarious...those girls are so stupid it was addictive :D

I'm with you on the cinderella shoes, they are pretty awful. Fitzpatricks on Grafton St do some size nines too but again ugly 99% of the time. I didn't know about Office either...Office and Faith two new places to try, yay :)

I too can only wear converse, as a result I have owned up to 4 pairs in different colours at any given time!

Hayworth: I would not generally spend a lot of money on shoes or any other kind of clothing, infact it hurts to shop outside of Penneys, but when you own ONE pair of shoes that fit that you then have to wear to work and out on the town and then two pairs of converse which do for the rest of the time, you become more willing to fork out. I don't have the luxury of walking in to Dunnes and picking up a pair of shoes for 20 quid unfortunately, much though I'd love to!

Also Rich Girls was hilarious...those girls are so stupid it was addictive :D

Oh, I get you on spending a bit of money on pair of shoes that you'd get a lot of wear out of but it's the designer shoes that don't last any longer than any other normal heels that I don't get. I suppose the name over function confuses me. 400+ on little strappy things that will mostly break or scuff -- why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back