Fashion gripes (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Stemming from the bra conversation, I figured we could complain in one thread to avoid torturing those who don’t care.

My fashion annoyances:

1. Bras being overly padded. This makes buying a blouse rather difficult because to get one large enough to fit across the chest (without the buttons opening) it has to be a larger size than one would wear otherwise. This making the blouse big everywhere else.

2. Button puffy sleeves. Personally, my arms are big enough thanks , I don’t need puffy tight sleeves that I will need to unbutton just to get it on to make my arms look even larger.

3. S/M/L items. Why can’t we have sizes like men’s shirts? Same goes for jeans and lengths. Size 14 short or 12 regular and these change depending on the store – what the hell? It should be 31 waist, 32 length, etc.

4. Maternity tops. Everything flares out, which will make any normal person look slightly pregnant not to mention anyone with a bit a weight look massive. Or anyone wearing a bra for that matter. To make them fit at the top with a bra…then they flare out so much that one looks 9 months pregnant.

5. Band t-shirts. Girls cut size S/M and sometimes they have large. Even then they are about the size of a t-shirt for a 12 year old or a girl with no breasts. Every damn time I buy a t-shirt it’s always too small or huge because I buy a mens one. It’s annoying.

6. Knee boots not fitting legs because they only go up to 15 inches for calves… although that DUO custom made store might solve this one.

7. Skinny jeans – unless one has a the build of a boy, they will not fit or look good. Designing clothes for a small portion of the population and having them everywhere with nothing else to choose from, thanks.

I am sure there are more but that was off the top of my head. If anyone knows places to shop to cure some of these gripes, list them.

I've noticed that instead of scorn I now feel pity for the chunkier teenage boy who is into emo

what a shit deal they got

7. Skinny jeans – unless one has a the build of a boy, they will not fit or look good. Designing clothes for a small portion of the population and having them everywhere with nothing else to choose from, thanks.

I was in London earlier in the year - every single girl was wearing skinny jeans and boots - I'm not joking - all of them, without exception. The Tuble platform from 3 feet to the ground looked like the Nuremberg rally.

RE: point 1. http://bramora.com/

this is the only brashop you will ever need if you have the big boobies, none of those badly fitted M & S bras. the owners serve you so you know they want to give good service, they know all the different brands eccentricities, i.e. how sizes vary from one to another, you just tell them what shape of boob you are looking for and they'll find the bra for you! I never go anywhere else...if la la is reading this she'll confirm she didn't even realise i had a big rack until we got talking bras.

p.s. they are on earlsfort terrace across from National Concert Hall

Topshop petite section, not just for skinnys which I always thought somehow, but also for stumpys like you et moi.

Ah, but then you run into the Topshop problem, which is trousers so low that you moon the world everytime you ride your bike.

not being able to find trousers long enough or shoes big enough...36inch legs and size nine in shoes. why large shoe manufacturers seem to presume that women with big feet are chronically without any fashion sense and wear orthopaedic footwear is beyond me. you try finding a nice pair of pretty pumps or strappy sandals in a size nine - go one, i dare ya!

evans and next are the only high street stores that regularly do size nines but Next never seem to have them in stock or available to order and evans are quite frankly hideous...and too wide...I have a long foot not a fat one. :mad:

this is the only brashop you will ever need if you have the big boobies, none of those badly fitted M & S bras. the owners serve you so you know they want to give good service, they know all the different brands eccentricities, i.e. how sizes vary from one to another, you just tell them what shape of boob you are looking for and they'll find the bra for you! I never go anywhere else...if la la is reading this she'll confirm she didn't even realise i had a big rack until we got talking bras.

Great website, thanks!!

This picture was on the ads when I first saw this post.

imgad

See, I don't have a big rack, it just seem it now because of all the pull-up nonsense. I will check out his place though, thank you.

- things fitting on the hips and swimming on the waist, leading to swivelling clothes syndrome (TM)
- H&M's size 16s being the equivalent of anywhere else's 12s
- every jacket in Topshop, regardless of amount of fabric used, costing €78
- M&S only selling ridiculous knickers that are either boy shorts or thongs. I hate both of these
- M&S not selling 60 denier black tights in summer. Hello guys, I'M STILL WEARING THEM

and the realluy bad one:
- there never being anything in the shops I want to actually buy. Curse being fussy

Puff ball skirts. What the hell were they thinking allowing them back in to the public? Somethings should be left for dead and forgotten.

and the realluy bad one:
- there never being anything in the shops I want to actually buy. Curse being fussy

Being fussy or having taste? I'd go with the latter. I realized the other day most of my clothes are 3 to 4 years old. Mostly because of this 80's skinny jean trend. I am in serious need of new clothing (especially for work) but clothes are both ridiculously priced here and look just plain ridiculous when worn.

Being fussy or having taste? I'd go with the latter. I realized the other day most of my clothes are 3 to 4 years old. Mostly because of this 80's skinny jean trend. I am in serious need of new clothing (especially for work) but clothes are both ridiculously priced here and look just plain ridiculous when worn.

ah it's fucking crazy. And judging by the state of the general populace, most of them shouldn't be wearing them either. Skinny jeans should only be worn by those who are actually slim - the hint, it is in the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back