Fashion gripes (2 Viewers)

Distressed clothes
Shirts again especially but Jeans too
What is peoples' problem with a thing looking new.

In fact Jeans in general.
Get some style people.

And anything with the hem on the outside. Fucking horrible.

Distressed clothes
Shirts again especially but Jeans too
What is peoples' problem with a thing looking new.

In fact Jeans in general.
Get some style people.

And anything with the hem on the outside. Fucking horrible.
you guys have horrible shit to contend with, not least of all is having fucking DRAGONS embroidered all over every single piece of mens clothing in River Island.

Being fussy or having taste? I'd go with the latter. I realized the other day most of my clothes are 3 to 4 years old. Mostly because of this 80's skinny jean trend. I am in serious need of new clothing (especially for work) but clothes are both ridiculously priced here and look just plain ridiculous when worn.

ridiculous pricing being the big gripe for me...been in oasis lately? 50quid for a plain black cardigan...sorry but when you will get only slightly poorer quality on penneys or dunnes for less than 20 why would you pay that?? maybe i'm just cheap. there are certain things that I will spend money on - jeans, coats and shoes mainly - but when you walk in to topshop and pick up a tshirt for 38euro...that's just depressing.

ridiculous pricing being the big gripe for me...been in oasis lately? 50quid for a plain black cardigan...sorry but when you will get only slightly poorer quality on penneys or dunnes for less than 20 why would you pay that?? maybe i'm just cheap. there are certain things that I will spend money on - jeans, coats and shoes mainly - but when you walk in to topshop and pick up a tshirt for 38euro...that's just depressing.

the thing that pisses me off about oasis is the differential between the euro and sterling prices - makes me want to roar with rage.

the thing that pisses me off about oasis is the differential between the euro and sterling prices - makes me want to roar with rage.

yessss. i used to work in Next and we would have to pull off the sterling price before re-stickering it in euro and the difference was criminal. monsoon are killer for this too. i think the fairest sterling/euro exchange comes from the Arcadia group (DP, topshop et al) in fairness to them they keep it pretty spot on; it is intensely frustrating though we are being taken for a ride! Oasis and Warehouse have been pulling the proverbial recently though, their prices have sky-rocketed, which is upsetting because they both have some seriously pretty dresses at the moment :(

6. Knee boots not fitting legs because they only go up to 15 inches for calves… although that DUO custom made store might solve this one.

I have this problem too and it drives me crazy every winter!
im silm enough but can never ever get boots to fit my calves, i just want a nice pair of tan knee boots but no, not for me! i guess thats my punishment for playing a little many sports at school.

In fact - there is no reason ever to have anything written on your clothes.

Sometimes writing can help you decide if the clothes will fit

or can be washed in a conventional machine

800px-Levi%27s_506_label.jpg

Also girls when an see an arse and a tracksuit with JUICY written on it my first thought is not "oh how cute" what pops into my mind is "Juicy?, hole?, fuuuck thats nasty, I wonder is it running down the inside of her leg right now?"

I have this problem too and it drives me crazy every winter!
im silm enough but can never ever get boots to fit my calves, i just want a nice pair of tan knee boots but no, not for me! i guess thats my punishment for playing a little many sports at school.

Me too, it drives me mad when I see women twice my size wearing them and I can never find a pair that zip up! One day, when I have some free cash I will treat myself here http://www.duoboots.com

try the shoe dept in Evans (they are on Henry St) the boots in there all tend to be quite wide around the calf.

Thanks. Even the ones marked 'wider calf' never fit. I blame bmxing, skate boarding, soccer and walking on tip toes pretending I was a ballerina growing up. Oh and bad genes.

Thanks. Even the ones marked 'wider calf' never fit. I blame bmxing, skate boarding, soccer and walking on tip toes pretending I was a ballerina growing up. Oh and bad genes.

No hassle. The hunt for boots can be very stressful, I have found one pair ever that fit and have worn them to death...I don't think they will make another Winter, sigh. I have the opposite problem, have skinny chicken legs (not in an attractive way trust me) but big feet...shoe manufacturers presume that if you have large feet the rest of you follows the same trend which means boots resemble wrinkly wellies on me, not a good look!

But anyway yeah, Evans should do it and they are pretty reasonable :)

Jeans that fit properly = almost impossible to find. My thighs are always too fat. So jeans look horrendous. Do they just make clothes these days for people who are one size all over?

penney's underwear - just cos they're cheap knickers, doesnt' mean you should use less material. Their knickers are *tiny* And their pyjamas always shrink. Most of mine are mid-calf after the first wash.

I should just not buy cheap clothes. But then the alternative is €60 for a top in Topshop or something.

I love H&M but their clothes are also tiny. i can wear their tops but the pants are a joke.

Why are all nightclothes either fucking floral oulwan yokes or fucking dayglo with things like 'I'm fruity' or 'I'm a cranky bitch' written on them?

I had to buy Guinness pyjamas in Carrolls for fuck's sake. CARROLLS!!!!

And yesterday I discovered that if I want my future child to wear any colour other than white it has to have something completely bent written on it, like 'Here Comes Trouble' or some such shit.

penney's underwear - just cos they're cheap knickers, doesnt' mean you should use less material. Their knickers are *tiny* And their pyjamas always shrink. Most of mine are mid-calf after the first wash.

Penneys tights are the worst! cos of the long leg issue had to buy an extra large, which is never a problem in dunnes or marks cos they actually use elastic in the gusset...spent the entire day yanking my tights up from mid butt-cheek to my waist...and of course every time they dropped they brought my panties with them. never again will i get sucked into buying 2euro tights.

I hate that I am now reduced to buying something called 'Boyfriend' jeans EVERYWHERE because apparently girls only want to wear jeans that are bet tight..So they have make the idea of baggy jeans a bit winsome to girlie them up a bit...FUCK OFF!!!

I hate that I am now reduced to buying something called 'Boyfriend' jeans EVERYWHERE because apparently girls only want to wear jeans that are bet tight..So they have make the idea of baggy jeans a bit winsome to girlie them up a bit...FUCK OFF!!!

I'm glad this bugs someone else too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back