Fashion gripes (1 Viewer)

buying jeans: the horror. i too am not a skinny-jeans shape, and at this stage i think all my regularly-worn jeans are from the us where there's a bit more variety of jeans-cut available. oh, and one pair from oasis, in a style that they ostensibly still do, but have changed to "ultra low rise" (ie will not cover the normal human arse).

on the same subject, m&s used to do shorts-style knickers that were actually quite nice and flattering, then they changed the cut to something like kylie's hotpants that stop halfway down one's bum and creates a near-instant wedgie when worn under jeans. their swimsuits are all like that as well now. ghastly.

in short, dear retailers: women have bottoms.

on the same subject, m&s used to do shorts-style knickers that were actually quite nice and flattering, then they changed the cut to something like kylie's hotpants that stop halfway down one's bum and creates a near-instant wedgie when worn under jeans. their swimsuits are all like that as well now. ghastly.

in short, dear retailers: women have bottoms.

what would it be that M&S would think women would find nice about having the appearance of FOUR cheeks? Nothing. Much like those bras that give you the delightful, over-flowing 4-boob-effect.

It occurs to me that perhaps Mephisto out of South Park designs for them now.

Jeans that fit properly = almost impossible to find. My thighs are always too fat. So jeans look horrendous. Do they just make clothes these days for people who are one size all over?

me and a lot of my lady friends have this. I seem to have size 12 thighs and size 10 everything else, so stuff that fits my waist and hips is completely bet onto my thighs, and stuff that fits my thighs is way too baggy round my waist. or today I tried on a pair of trousers that managed to be both bet onto my thighs and massive on my waist at the same time. i am perfectly fit and healthy, don't need to lose any weight etc. as i say frequently, "they're called curves. a lot of women have them. clothes designers might want to start taking that into account".

the h & m size thing is bizarre too. i have a hoodie from there that's a size 14 and bet onto me as well. it wouldn't go near an actual size 14 person. i used to wear it under my size 10 hoodies when the weather was colder like.

not being able to find trousers long enough or shoes big enough...36inch legs and size nine in shoes. why large shoe manufacturers seem to presume that women with big feet are chronically without any fashion sense and wear orthopaedic footwear is beyond me. you try finding a nice pair of pretty pumps or strappy sandals in a size nine - go one, i dare ya!

evans and next are the only high street stores that regularly do size nines but Next never seem to have them in stock or available to order and evans are quite frankly hideous...and too wide...I have a long foot not a fat one. :mad:

This is one of my fashion gripes too. Top Shop do a size 42 (which is apparently a size 9 these days) in most styles and Faith do a size 9 range. Evans shoes are massively wide...I'd fit two of my feet into one of them.

Being very tall means that dresses that are regular length on everyone else are almost indecently short on me, which means I can't wear hold ups and have to spend all my time pulling up tights.
Used to get really pissed off bout not finding jeans or tops long enough but the topshop tall sections kinda solved that one.

I hate being a different size in every shop,meaning I have to try queue to try things on all the time, it wrecks my head.Also on the jeans thing, why do top shop jeans always hang so low revealing an inch of ass crack?I don't wanna show my ass crack off to anyone...ever....

I hate being a different size in every shop,meaning I have to try queue to try things on all the time, it wrecks my head.Also on the jeans thing, why do top shop jeans always hang so low revealing an inch of ass crack?I don't wanna show my ass crack off to anyone...ever....

At this point it's more like hip size than waist size when buying jeans.

I found what are probably my favourite pair of jeans ever in Topshop, on sale 20 quid, high wasted enough that nobody sees my bum but they don't make me look like a mom from the 90's and they're not skinny but not really baggy either. I really should have bought a few pairs at the time.

I found what are probably my favourite pair of jeans ever in Topshop, on sale 20 quid, high wasted enough that nobody sees my bum but they don't make me look like a mom from the 90's and they're not skinny but not really baggy either. I really should have bought a few pairs at the time.

Really?damns I gotta check them out

And yesterday I discovered that if I want my future child to wear any colour other than white it has to have something completely bent written on it, like 'Here Comes Trouble' or some such shit.

slayerlistentoinfantonesiebig.jpg

39911.jpg

OD37.jpg

WZ0180b.jpg

maidenbeast.jpg

starwarsonesie.jpg

marshallamponesie.jpg

od14.jpg

misfitsonesie.jpg

Problem: Jeans not fitting.
Solutions: Levi's shrink to fit.
old school.
Or buy Dickies work trousers that are all pre-hemmed. Buy the right waste size, and let them out where needed.
Its summer. wear shorts.
Polyester leisure-type-denim-coloured jeans.

ah it's fucking crazy. And judging by the state of the general populace, most of them shouldn't be wearing them either. Skinny jeans should only be worn by those who are actually slim - the hint, it is in the name.

I think they look good on curvy women as long as they have skinny legs - with judicious choice of tops and shoes of course.

I think they look good on curvy women as long as they have skinny legs - with judicious choice of tops and shoes of course.

ah I'm all for the curves, it's just you often see people who really don't suit skinny jeans wearing them. They suit a particular body shape, and short-legged, short-waisted it ain't. Also I don't really understand why you'd insist on wearing something that so clearly did nothing for you - I seem to avoid most fashion trends based precisely on this, such as smocks - make me look pregnant; skinny jeans - ah come on out of that; pencil skirts - sadly fitting me no more; etc etc

. Also I don't really understand why you'd insist on wearing something that so clearly did nothing for you - I seem to avoid most fashion trends based precisely on this, such as smocks - make me look pregnant; skinny jeans - ah come on out of that; pencil skirts - sadly fitting me no more; etc etc

Yes, I've noticed an increase in perfectly attractive but somewhat large teenagers wearing really unflattering trends that only look good on skinny teenagers -I guess they just value being trendy more than actually dressing to suit their shapes.

More fashion gripes:

the fact that t-shirts are all too long for short women with stomachs (i.e. me) these days;

"petite" ranges that say they're for women under 5'3" but are made for the proportions of women under 4'11";

the near impossibility of getting a long-sleeved cotton top without a hood attached;

the disappearance of good vintage clothes from charity shops due to the popularity of Ebay (I can't buy clothes without trying them on, dammit!)

Tip for people who are between clothes sizes: the sizing in vintage clothes from the 60s-70s is smaller, e.g. a 60s size 12 is actually a size 11 by today's standards.

i saw this big fat lad wearing this awful my chemical romance
style fruity-goth-emo hoody the other day that had a luminous
green skeletal system print covering his upper body...

big boned indeed!

Skinny Jeans is fuckin right! What the hell is that about??
You can only wear them if you are walking around on goats legs it would appear.
Silly, just silly

cheers for the bramora website BUT, can i have a moan about this too..it will cost me €68 for a bikini!!!!!!!

why oh why can i not buy my bra's and bikini's in penneys....i could get so many more for my money :( :( :(

I don't like "nautical" stuff being back in style. It never goes away from aul one boutiques but it's annoying that it's in real people shops now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back