Fairytale of Kathmandu (1 Viewer)

Murder and consensual homosexual sex with 16 years olds who are mentally capable of understanding sex should be legal.

americanpsycho.jpg

I have opinions on this (surprise surprise - ro has an opinion) most of which have already been expressed.

I think O'Searcaigh is very naive if he really understands relationships in the way he described them in the documentary. I think he sees Nepal as a cool place where he can be an openly gay benfactor who gets to share in the family life of his friends. He's really just a sex tourist though. The interviews at the end of the film (with guys who felt bad about having sex with him) did look a little tacked on and made me doubt the fairness of the documentary; that said, i haven't heard anyone highlight mitigating footage that was left out and which would have balanced things in O'Searcaigh's favour.

Overall, I don't think it is a 'national' issue. It's creepy and possibly illegal, but it's being stoked up by RTE through it's radio and news coverage. The Times hasn't featured it that heavily and I'm not sure if other papers have either.

I also think that he should be left on the leaving course (although they could remove him from the inter course - snigger!). If we were to restrict the course to paragons of virtue, we'd get nowhere and it would be a licence for ignorant prudes to interfere with arts education.

If I'm allowed one joke, i'd merely comment that it doesn't make sense for him to roger the lads and for them to still be able to sit on a bike.

Overall, I don't think it is a 'national' issue. It's creepy and possibly illegal, but it's being stoked up by RTE through it's radio and news coverage. The Times hasn't featured it that heavily and I'm not sure if other papers have either.

Yeah, I agree. But as was said here already, with so much exploitation of the East by the West it is very easy for a country to get up in arms about an issue like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back