national photographic archive (1 Viewer)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
is the national photographic archive still open?
trying to find info on upcoming exhibitions..
I see the gallery of photography has rebranded and is being refurbished.

changing from 'centre' to 'institute' is fairly meaningless. but changing to a 'museum' implies a change of use - a museum is where you go to see fairly static displays of old items, surely? well, it'd imply to me they're moving to a static collection. seems like they'd be stepping on the toes of the photographic archive.

changing from 'centre' to 'institute' is fairly meaningless. but changing to a 'museum' implies a change of use - a museum is where you go to see fairly static displays of old items, surely? well, it'd imply to me they're moving to a static collection. seems like they'd be stepping on the toes of the photographic archive.
it badges itself as ''The national centre for contemporary photography.'' now.. so I guess the archive is safe.

also the archive is part of the national library of ireland.

when I used to use the darkroom in there I'd sometimes clash with the guy (Pete taylor?) who did the printing for the archive exhibition with a box of glass plates or something equally esoteric

to close the loop - went in there with the young fella on friday.
exhibition didn't have a specific theme (really) beyond ''old photos of people and places and stuff 1850-1970'' but we enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back