Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (4 Viewers)

Just came to say this is terrible
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Hundred was really dull last year and is the complete opposite this year. I can't go to any matches but went to a T20 match down in Brighton on a Friday night in June. Having a massive six fly over your head after a few pints is good craic.

The Hundred was really dull last year and is the complete opposite this year. I can't go to any matches but went to a T20 match down in Brighton on a Friday night in June. Having a massive six fly over your head after a few pints is good craic.

I popped into my folks last night and my dad had this one with about 25 balls to go.

Amazing shit altogether.

Heard about this but I am not going to watch it in case I get interested in cricket again.
I hardly know anything about cricketers aged much under 40.

Stuart Broad finally retired from playing with England last Friday. Was going to post this then.
Apparently Broad ended up with taking over 600 test wickets despite Yurav Singh doing this to him in 2007.

The sheer panic in the young Broad's face as it gets worse and worse.
Until the 2000s hitting 6 sixes in an over was almost unheard of. Barbadian Garry Sobers did it the late 60s in a county cricket match but that might have the only time.

Heard about this but I am not going to watch it in case I get interested in cricket again.
I hardly know anything about cricketers aged much under 40.

Stuart Broad finally retired from playing with England last Friday. Was going to post this then.j
Apparently Broad ended up with taking over 600 test wickets despite Yuvraj Singh doing this to him in 2007.
EDIT fixed link

The sheer panic in the young Broad's face as it gets worse and worse.
Until the 2000s hitting 6 sixes in an over was almost unheard of. Garry Sobers did it the late 60s in a county cricket match but that was the only time.

Edits:
Sorry about messing this up and spelling Yuvraj wrong.
On a bus using a phone on its last legs.

Last edited:

Has this not been posted anywhere?
Them rugby lads, with their privilege and their steroids and their cocaine and their brain injuries. Great craic altogether.
he's on the less arse-holey end of the scale though, based on the fact that I've seen him at hurling matches.

Japan 1-2 Sweden at World Cup ☹️
Sad to say the fact most of the Swedes were taller than all the Japanese players was a factor.
Sweden have been going along nicely until now without looking like winning the World Cup.

he's on the less arse-holey end of the scale though, based on the fact that I've seen him at hurling matches.
Managing a tiny French club to two European Cups at Leinster's expense plus his stellar playing career make O'Gara one the most likable figure in Irish rugby.
The Corkonian-French video just cements that

Is anyone doing fantasy Premier League?

Don't forget your password, that's my advice, took me most of the morning to get back into my account. Missed gameweek 1.

In a league with pub folk, some of whom work in the game or are season ticket holders, so they know stuff. Others don't. And then there's me.

I decided to don my Leyton Orient gilet today.

And today was the day that a full blooded Millwall guy rocks up to the gaff. They don't actually come round here often.
"Is that.... Leyton Orient?"
"Yeah, just work there though"
"That's alright, as long as it's not West Ham".
You see, everyone likes O's, they're no threat to anyone. And they're sound.
"Oh" I stupidly said "I work at West Ham too".

Even before the full sentence left my mouth, several of the voices in my head were screaming.

I've never felt that particular kind of tension or fear before. I'm actually still a bit shaky.

Anyway, Millwall are blow-ins. And everyone hates arsenal, traitors.

Are there many people like that these days? I would have thought that football has been manicured to the point now that the thuggery is virtually gone.

Are there many people like that these days? I would have thought that football has been manicured to the point now that the thuggery is virtually gone.

I honestly don't see it. But whenever I do chat to the security guys, shit does happen. Outside the ground mostly. But I guess that's mainly drunk people being drunk.

There is a particular thing with West Ham/Millwall. There's a reason they haven't played each other in years. That's by design.

And I don't hate Arsenal, Saka will be on my FF team. But they are traitors.

Funny how easily we can get worked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back