Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (2 Viewers)

Fantasy football plus radio commentary is very effective at ruining my planned-for productive day off.
I'm not even good at it. At time of writing I'm ranked 8,926,961st out of about 10m. Puts Leyton Orient in perspective.

At least I'm not in the bookies I suppose.

the Basketball world championships are on at the moment. Its at the quarter-finals stage and some of the big guns (USA, Canada) are already out. Minnows like Latvia and Lithuania are still in it.

Latvia currently playing Germany in their quarter-final. It would be quite something were they to win, on the back of their amazing ice hockey achievements at the start of the summer.

the Basketball world championships are on at the moment. Its at the quarter-finals stage and some of the big guns (USA, Canada) are already out. Minnows like Latvia and Lithuania are still in it.

Latvia currently playing Germany in their quarter-final. It would be quite something were they to win, on the back of their amazing ice hockey achievements at the start of the summer.

GERMANY 81 -79 LATVIA - gave it a good go....

GERMANY 81 -79 LATVIA - gave it a good go....
they did. I'd nearly rather they be hammered than this. Heartbreaking for them to get that close. They were 14 down with about 6 minutes to go. Every kid in Latvia was brought to the school hall to watch this on big screens. They'll be gutted, but they did very well.

they did. I'd nearly rather they be hammered than this. Heartbreaking for them to get that close. They were 14 down with about 6 minutes to go. Every kid in Latvia was brought to the school hall to watch this on big screens. They'll be gutted, but they did very well.
Big tradition of basketball in Lithuania and Lativa isn't there?

Really annoying seeing Australia being pumped by Wales. Always had a least a couple of good cunts in their teams down through the years.

Never in my memory have I seen an uncompetitive Australia team. Reminds me a bit of Ireland 12 years ago(?). Like, "this shouldn't be happening".

I sat down to watch the second half last night, knowing they had 40 minutes to stay in the competition I thought it would be a solid bit of sport. Completely headless stuff. I was so deflated I turned it off after 10 minutes.

Ireland looking lean and mean. Hopefully pump Scotland as I hate those cunts. But seeing Irish fans at their usual having scrums out in streets bantz makes me not too worried about when we lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back