Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (1 Viewer)

that's me in the middle, just before I grew a beard, grew more hair, and generally worked on my homeless person aesthetic.

I love that jumper still, with the little bird yoke. I can blend in with the boys playing golf when I have that on. It's class.

only if you don't have a shirt on underneath.

And that's the end of that then.

Had an odd conversation with an English who wanted the All Blacks to win, as revenge.
Whereas I wanted the All Blacks to win because then that would mean Ireland got beaten by the best team.

He didn't understand my logic. These perfidious people.

England have been destroyed at 2023 Cricket World Cup.

Only other thing that really caught my attention was Afghanistan beating Pakistan, Sri Lanka, England and Holland. Their rapid rise stole Ireland's thunder as best upstarts.

Today Afghanistan posted 291 and had Australia at 91-7.
Another famous win looked on the cards but then Glenn Maxwell, who could hardly walk, hit an unbeaten double century.
He completed his 201 with a six for a 3 wicket win.
Crazy stuff.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watched highlights thinking Afghans were set for another famous win but it was a completely different story

Not going well for Celtic at Atletico....

Poor aul Sheffield United. When I saw them it looked like men vs boys. SHU weren't bad as such, just not on the level they need to be.

When I saw Burnley it was obvious they were outclassed. Yet there Burnley are, smashing the Blades. Bless those away fans, spending that time money and effort. I'll never understand.

Poor aul Sheffield United. When I saw them it looked like men vs boys. SHU weren't bad as such, just not on the level they need to be.

When I saw Burnley it was obvious they were outclassed. Yet there Burnley are, smashing the Blades. Bless those away fans, spending that time money and effort. I'll never understand.
Some of my friends support Middlesbrough who are having a bog standard season after nearly being promoted last time. I console them by pointing out how badly the promoted teams are doing.
''Hey - at least you aren't Sheffield United...''

Remember the times Dave Bassett was manager in 1990-91 and 91-92? the Blades hadn't won yet at this stage in December 1990 but were playing Champions League level stuff for rest of season and finished in mid table.
Something similar happened the following season. So in 1992 Bassett organised a Christmas party in August as a joke! They beat Man Utd in their first ever PL match and stayed up after a much more mundane season...

Yep, you're way through the looking glass there dude. Genuine respect etc.

First day back at soccerball for me tomorrow. trying to not get too excited as I need sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back