Facebook (2 Viewers)

Reading it again it seems that the benefits lost are universal ones but yeah, your point still stands, the less well off will be disproportionately affected.
Not as disproportionately affected as they would be by the clinical needs and financial burden of a child brain damaged by a disease they can easily prevent if they didn't have their head in the sand. I don't think this is necessarily the right way to go about enforcing vaccination but given the weight of evidence supporting vaccination, lack of evidence supporting the fears underlying most anti-vaccine stances and, for me, the moral responsibility towards protecting not only your child but those around them should be something that carries more weight than it does.

I know, anecdotally, from my wife who works in child mental health services that it's something that comes up fairly frequently but not sure if there's a particular demographic in her service.

what is the main demographic of anti-vaxxers anyway? i would've assumed it was fairly affluent middle-class raw food types but i don't have any supporting evidence

quick look at the members of this group bolsters that assumption

that and random stoopids
Nah, raw food types are generally scientifically minded I find. Their reasoning is sound and I sorta wish I could be motivated enough to rid my diet of shite. Its definitely gotta be a lower to lower middle class demographic. Anyone with a reasonable level of education and some means can't possibly buy into sensational garb. Oh wait..... Big hole in my thinking... I'll shut my mouth

what is the main demographic of anti-vaxxers anyway? i would've assumed it was fairly affluent middle-class raw food types but i don't have any supporting evidence

quick look at the members of this group bolsters that assumption

that and random stoopids

There was a piece I saw on the daily show (I know) the theme of which was "anti vaxxers are the climate change deniers of the America's liberal middle class"

Not as disproportionately affected as they would be by the clinical needs and financial burden of a child brain damaged by a disease they can easily prevent if they didn't have their head in the sand. I don't think this is necessarily the right way to go about enforcing vaccination but given the weight of evidence supporting vaccination, lack of evidence supporting the fears underlying most anti-vaccine stances and, for me, the moral responsibility towards protecting not only your child but those around them should be something that carries more weight than it does.

Can't disagree with any of that.
I suppose more education is the only weapon against misinformation.

Can't disagree with any of that.
I suppose more education is the only weapon against misinformation.

People are often immune to education when they've decided on something that they were pre-disposed to believe in anyway

Plenty of fuckers still believe in horoscopes, aliens, reiki, and whatever other illusory bullshit you're having yourself

Facebook is fucking amazing

Where else can you have an actual online party?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back