Facebook (1 Viewer)

Funny.

"The Facebook ask of the industry is make the worst flash possible," Facebook's Jason Taylor told his keynote audience at the Flash Memory Summit on Tuesday in Santa Clara, California. "Just make it dense and cheap."

What Taylor was talking about was flash to be used in "cold storage" – not only for rarely accessed data such as logs and metrics that Facebook uses to do its analytics, but also user content that's rarely – if ever – accessed.

"Photos, video – essentially, after you first create these, they're almost never updated," he said. "The majority of that data will probably be written once and read never – really, it's sad."

Slow, low-endurance flash would be ideal for such an application. "Write-once, read-never is probably the spec for a lot of this,"

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/13/facebook_calls_for_worst_flas_possible/

And now they're trying to tempt me back again

Facebook is working on a new app you can’t use — unless you’re a celebrity.

The VIP app, which sources say that Facebook is currently testing with a small group of famous people, essentially lets celebs (or their handlers) easily monitor Facebook fan chatter about themselves from a mobile device. From there, stars can quickly respond to fans on the fly, and can become a part of the conversation.

The project, which is in its early days, is another part of Facebook’s push to encourage celebrities to share more stuff on the site. And that’s part of Facebook’s larger push to compete more directly with Twitter for “public” sharing.

http://allthingsd.com/20130813/fame-on-facebook-testing-vip-only-app/

Okay, I am asking this because I think it is a safe, trusting place.

What is Instagram?

Is it just people posting photos and other people commenting on them?

Yes, but with filters on the images.

Oh and now it does video.

Edit: It's kind of dumb, but its big plus for me is that the work flow of taking a picture and putting it online is fully integrated in one app. You take a pic and it's hosted on instagram, you don't have to use the phone's camera and then hit a share button and then say which hosting service you want to upload to, or even pick a hosting service, because if you've downloaded the app you already have an account with it.

I have never had a good phone or a good camera.

Also, my life is not very photogenic.

Is everyone here on it?

I was never really into photography before but the convenience and ease of use got me into using it, although my feed is mostly nature stuff I see when out walking my pooch or sight gags like this spoiler warning ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you're interested in that you'd probably be better off just installing the dropbox app and it can automatically upload pictures from your phone.

When I get a new phone I am going to do this.

If you're interested in that you'd probably be better off just installing the dropbox app and it can automatically upload pictures from your phone.

get the dropbox sync thing too and tie it to your music folder on your phone. i wont bore you with how handy it is.

You know you can accept friend requests from people and then just hide their posts in your feed so you don't have to put up with their shit. Very handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back