Facebook (4 Viewers)

Yesterday we attended the funeral of my girlfriend's childhood friend. This morning when my girlfriend had a look at facebook she discovered that her friend had liked a page 6 hours ago and facebook was now recommending she like it too.

I'm going to contact them this morning. Maybe it's some sort of automatic thing but...fucks sake

has anyone read Lean in?

Amazon product ASIN 0385349947

Everyone I work with is talking about how great it is but I suspect it's a horrible corporate manual on how women have the potential to fucking destroy the world at an equal pace as men.

I saw the author interviewed a while back, she was talking about how men should lean in as well. I took it to mean that everyone should be a pushy asshole, which is repellant to me as an ultra type-b wimp.

has anyone read Lean in?

Amazon product ASIN 0385349947

Everyone I work with is talking about how great it is but I suspect it's a horrible corporate manual on how women have the potential to fucking destroy the world at an equal pace as men.

Hi Lili, I read half of this the other week and I can confirm that your suspicions were more or less well founded. At some point i'll read the rest of it and let you know if it changes

I saw the author interviewed a while back, she was talking about how men should lean in as well. I took it to mean that everyone should be a pushy asshole, which is repellant to me as an ultra type-b wimp.

Yeah that's pretty much it.

Hi Lili, I read half of this the other week and I can confirm that your suspicions were more or less correct. At some point i'll read the rest of it and let you know if it changes

The little I've heard of it I can only surmise that I'm way too type B to appreciate it. I work best when people fuck off and leave me alone.

The little I've heard of it I can only surmise that I'm way too type B to appreciate it. I work best when people fuck off and leave me alone.

Well leaving aside the massive assumptions it makes about class and race it's a very hard book to stomach as it's so effing capitalist. It's all just about how best to make a larger profit for your shareholders and 'succeed in the businessplace', which I know shouldn't be a surprise but STILL. The unquestioned assumption that more profit = more good really started to get to me after a while.

THIS POST WAS IN RESPONSE TO THE LEAN IN TALK

there is the 'know thy enemy' part of it. maybe in this case it might be a bit 'confirm everything you suspected about the enemy'.

i'd recommend denying youve read it, or even read, at work.

Set it so you have to approve the tags before anyone can see.
That said, they just shouldn't post them to begin with.

set it up so for now. i suspect i'll be drinking, smoking all the rest over christmas. i agree though. there shouldn't need to be settings for things people should know better about.

This thing about approving stuff that appears on my timeline

How come everyone can see it before I give it the ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back