European and local elections 2024 (1 Viewer)

Martin?
Are him and Bertie not going to swallow each other with thier ever increasing massive voids that they create everywhere they go?
Yeah. I don't think Bertie wants the heat when push comes to shove and out of the current active headline politicians, I only really see MM having the path for it. I think he would be popular with the general population in general as well.

I saw a man putting up election posters earlier. He had a beard and was wearing a green Ireland shirt and a flat cap. Pretty sure I can guess his politics. It's become as much an indicator as blue hair and facial piercings has on student activists.

Herman Kelly was out on the road in galway with 'housing something something' banners at a big junction - people were blowing their horns. People don't know much about Herman Kelly but there's a few threads on reddit that are hopping with bright red flags. Glib one liners are doing well again, even if they are pointless in Europe

After Doyle answered his question about immigration she said the man became more aggressive and moved towards her, screaming. Her husband attempted to stand between them and that’s when the man began throwing punches at him.

“All hell broke out at that stage,” said Doyle.

Fearing for her husband’s life as the struggle moved towards the ground, Doyle said she threw herself between them and received a punch to the head while doing so.

“I shielded by husband, I literally shielded him because he has health conditions and he’s epileptic and gets seizures,” she said.

The assault went on for about 15 minutes as the man kept coming at her husband.

Eventually, the other man intervened and managed to restrain the attacker after he started kicking Doyle’s husband on the ground.

Actual voilence at 1 in the morning.

All the candidates here in Kilkenny agreed not to put posters up in the middle of town.

Guess which cunt decided to go rogue and put his shite up? The Ireland in Full incel. Would love to meet him in person and give him both barrels. Fucking prick.

All the candidates here in Kilkenny agreed not to put posters up in the middle of town.

Guess which cunt decided to go rogue and put his shite up? The Ireland in Full incel. Would love to meet him in person and give him both barrels. Fucking prick.
so much for the tolerant left

there are two simple changes they need to make to the postering system - colour co-ordinated zip ties (so we can work out who leaves them behind) and a simple quota on the number of posters allowed. why do i need to see the same face half a dozen times in one kilometer?
that'd make life easier on the smaller candidates presumably.

to be fair to what i think was the GP team a few years ago, when they were removing posters beside us, the clipped off and took all the zip ties, i think the telegraph pole beside us had about a dozen on it.

Or one change - no posters.
i dunno.
yes, i agree there'd be clear benefits to that; but i think it'd benefit the likes of FF, FG, SF more than other smaller parties or candidates. and i think it's a sign of how politically engaged the irish are compared to some other countries. years ago i was talking to someone visiting ireland (can't remember who it was so i can't say for certain where they were from!) who remarked that it was great, as an outsider, to see all the posters because where they were from you'd barely know there was an election happening.

One indie candidate is runnning a go fund me and last time i looked it was about 8 grand or so.

I was thinking getting a few people, a van and a few hundred posters put up in 24 hrs like that probably would eat up most of that money

wasn't it something like that which caught paschal donohoe out? a business friend of his got a couple of his lads to do some postering, using the company van, and the estimated value of that (undeclared) gift breached the rules?

Or one change - no posters.

I think that'd be a real barrier for non incumbents. They're an eyesore but I think probably neccesscery.

Disclaimer: During repeal I did do some postering and I do question a bit the value of those beyond an attempt to try to make people who were leaning the way I was feel like they were part of some big movement.

If you put a 30 page policy document in front of me i'll read it and extrapolate meaning from it and side check the info in it while i'm at it.

Some people prefer pictures though.

One indie candidate is runnning a go fund me and last time i looked it was about 8 grand or so.

I was thinking getting a few people, a van and a few hundred posters put up in 24 hrs like that probably would eat up most of that money

Is postering not done on a volunteer basis for the most part? My late uncle was an "FF activist" inasmuch as he'd put posters up at election time, and there's a lad my folks know who used to do it around here too. I'd doubt they were getting paid.

If they were WRT to my previous post can I invoice together for yes for my time in 2018?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back