Euro 2008 (1 Viewer)

Avernus last night:

sp4.jpg

it was more like this:

user-89095_1176709489a.jpg

a team that categorically encourages playacting?

You mean Europe United & South America Athletic? Im just aying that its 50/50 that Panucci was actually hurt and if he wasnt hurt he had no business being where he was. They who fake dying by the sword eventually die by the sword. Or something. Ah who cares.

That Van Nistelrooy goal should never have been allowed. He was even embarressed to score it for fucks sake!
The officials say it is the strict interpretation of the rules so the decision was correct.
That may be so, but even if that is the case, all that means is that the fucking RULES are stupid and need to be changed! Anyway this just smacks of "we can't say the ref got it wrong so let's just support him."
FIFA/UEFA need to wise up and seriously address ideas for officiating games more accurately and fairly instead of constantly defending every referee who blatantly fucks something up.
The argument for a T.V official for the most important decisions has been in the works for years now and it's a joke that it's just been completely sidelined by the governing bodies. You could almost say they've done a Panucci on it!

Anyway, SWEDEN FOR THE WIN, COME ON HENRIK!!!!

I love the way Greece though that they could come back four years down the line in the hope that no one would remember how they played last time. Unfortunately for them I don't think anyone can forget their awful, defensive tactics.

Nice to see Ibrahimovic casually banging one in - if he could do that more often people might take his reputation seriously.

Villa's second goal for Spain was a thing of beauty.

Thanks for the link Blisset. All I managed to see was the first half of the Sweden game - painful. What were Greece thinking? I know it worked for them before but was a draw any good to them. Argh, infuriating.
Ibrahimovic's goal was straight out of Roy of the Rovers.
Spain showed some weaknesses yesterday, no? Holland too.
Which leaves Germany as the only truly convincing team so far. No surprises there. Spain to crumble in the Semis.

spain have a tough run after the groups. they have to play runner-up from group c in qf which could be their undoing

If video games represent real life (and we all know that they do) Germany will draw 1-1 with Croatia and then beat Austria 1-0. Unfortunately they'll then get beat 4-0 by Portugal in the Q-F. Hmmm.

If video games represent real life then Spain will hammer some bunch of poor bastards 5-0 in the semi-final, only to get destroyed in the final by the Czech Republic. And Puyol would score the goal of the tournament, running from practically inside his own box, the entire length of the pitch, before finishing with a slide-tackle shot blasted into the top corner. Hahahaha that was satisfying!

In reality though, Spain do look dodgy defensively. Cap-Devil(a) in particular didn't play well, the Russians had numerous attacks down the right side and really could have scored a couple more goals if they had been a bit more on the ball. If Spain leave the same amount of space against good teams, they will struggle.
Germany are the best looking team in the tournament at the moment. They were good going forward and extremely solid defensively. The only weakness they have is in the same area I just highlighted with Spain, left back. Jansen playing there is not particulary good, he's okay going forward but is poor defensively.
I reckon the Italians will come back with a bang from that Holland match. They'll feel hard done by and want to prove something. Difficult for them without Cannavaro though, and they do have to win the matches now.
Watching the highlights, I don't think Holland actually looked that good, they just finished their chances well more than anything.
Portugal looked good in their first game but I think Turkey flattered them, particularly because they played open positive football to their credit which allowed Portugal to find a lot of space behind their midfield. It'll be interesting to see how Portugal do against the Czechs, when presumably there won't be half as much space available to them.

you don't say?!
i clearly did. well, at least i clearly wrote.

all this yap about van nistlerooy being offside, so was fabregas yesterday. looks like the officials are being real nice about the offside rule. klose was as offside as smolarek on sunday too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back