Euro 2008 (2 Viewers)

Cech has now being so close in the Champions league final, this and very close in the league, they say bad luck comes in 3's eh...

Ronnie Whelan saying Cech not the same since the Hunt incident, that he's scared these days, now Souey saying the same....they're right of course.
Souey added he looks frightened, fear!

Best tournament ever?

It's turned my dad from a football-jaded cynic into something like an over-excited 10 year-old all over again, ringing me after almost every game to discuss how much of a cracker it was.
Brilliant. :)

not quite Mexico 1986

Is there a sticker album out for Euro 2008 like there was for Mexico 86?

I haven't collected stickers in aaaaaages!
I'd have enough money to do it right this time too.

None of that "trying to scab 50p from me ma once a week" crap.

Anyone have any swaps?

Is there a sticker album out for Euro 2008 like there was for Mexico 86?

I haven't collected stickers in aaaaaages!
I'd have enough money to do it right this time too.

None of that "trying to scab 50p from me ma once a week" crap.

Anyone have any swaps?

not sure - I don't remember Euro 80 / 84 / 88 / 92 ones - probably because they only had eight teams

I had a World Cup 1978 one but couldn't afford many stickers.
1982 and 1986 were fully completed not without difficulty.

Bulgaria in 1986 had a centre back that kept showing up in the packets.
'Weaker' teams only had one page and two men per sticker - Iraq, Algeria etc. Racism?

I bought the Italian hardback book of Panini albums a few years ago. Reproduced all sticker albums from 1970 to 1994 in a heavy coffee table thingy. Lovely.

The Observer ran replicas of 1970 - 1994 sticker albums (incomplete though) for seven Sundays before France 1998. Got them with a binder.

I bought the Italian hardback book of Panini albums a few years ago. Reproduced all sticker albums from 1970 to 1994 in a heavy coffee table thingy. Lovely.

Nice.

The only complete set of cards/stickers I ever collected was for Batman.

Then my ma cleared threw them out during a clean.

I still haven't fully recovered.

AAAAGGGGHHHH!! I turned it off in the 88th minute thinking that by the time I'd get to my mate's house penalties would be about to start. Fuck shit cock.

Nice.

The only complete set of cards/stickers I ever collected was for Batman.

Then my ma cleared threw them out during a clean.

I still haven't fully recovered.

I still have The Joker, Batman and The Batmobile. Possibly Vicky Vale too. Cards and stickers. Different times. Beautiful times.

Tonight's game was incredible. Started so dour and then BLAM from Koller. Super 2nd half. Amazing comeback. Stunner of a 3rd goal from Turkey. Keeper getting a straight red and Baros getting a yellow on the bench not having played a minute. Incredible! This tournament has it all.

Unbelievable end to that game.. Was hoping the Czechs would pull a third one out of the bag at the very end so we'd get to see a penalty shootout with an outfield player in goal. Turkey looked awful in the first half, didn't give them a hope of coming back. Really the Czechs should have had it sown up, it was sloppy, sluggish defensive play that threw away the game as much as the goalkeeping howler. Turkey can put a few passes together but they didn't seem to be clinical enough up front or solid enough at the back to progress much further. Fair play to them for not giving up on it, I suppose.

Unbelievable end to that game.. Was hoping the Czechs would pull a third one out of the bag at the very end so we'd get to see a penalty shootout with an outfield player in goal. Turkey looked awful in the first half, didn't give them a hope of coming back. Really the Czechs should have had it sown up, it was sloppy, sluggish defensive play that threw away the game as much as the goalkeeping howler. Turkey can put a few passes together but they didn't seem to be clinical enough up front or solid enough at the back to progress much further. Fair play to them for not giving up on it, I suppose.

Nihat is pretty clinical.

the team that scores more goals wins the match, bill
daft tho it might sound, that's true in case of the spanish and the dutch, if they score more goals then they concede, they have a chance. cos they'll concede, begorrah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back