Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind... (1 Viewer)

Ed said:
current 24 is a bit of a letdown, thought i was picking up the other week but it's fallen off again.
David Lee Roth and steve buscemi in the same episode of the sopranos, that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. i do hope steve buscemi goes bonkers or something

WHat? DAvid Lee Roth?! I missed him completely ... who was he in it?

Saw 'Eternal Sunshine...' this evening. Was very impressed. Jimbo turns in a great performance alright. It's quite romantic really.

The Station Agent is also good.

A few good yokes at the moment. I'm off this week and planning to see Bloom, Saddest songs in the world, Fog of War and Fear X.

I may just drink wine and read though. Am readin 'My Name is Red' by Orhan Pamuk - anyone read it or like it? Actually that's rhetorical, I'm not that pushed what yiz think.

jim carrey stunned me in eternal sunshine. i've always utterly hated the man, even the films he was supposedly 'credible' in like the truman show, but his performance in this is genuinely fantastic.
elijah wood sucked though, worst actor ever.

fantastic film though, worth eschewing your carey fears and giving it a chance. special effects were brilliant too and remarkalby unobtrusive

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I may just drink wine and read though. Am readin 'My Name is Red' by Orhan Pamuk - anyone read it or like it? Actually that's rhetorical, I'm not that pushed what yiz think.

Oh Zzzz
zzzzz zzzz zzzz zzzzz
you just don't care who killed the fucking guy by the end of it. It's so meandering and annoying and bleedin boring. So no, I hated it.

dudley said:
jim carrey stunned me in eternal sunshine. i've always utterly hated the man, even the films he was supposedly 'credible' in like the truman show, but his performance in this is genuinely fantastic.
elijah wood sucked though, worst actor ever.

fantastic film though, worth eschewing your carey fears and giving it a chance. special effects were brilliant too and remarkalby unobtrusive

Thank you, another Elijah Wood hater. For anyone that likes Elijah Wood, just watch 'Deep Impact', I defy you not to throw up in utter disgust! Why did Morgan Freeman ever agree to do that film? (The Answer - He probably just wanted to be President at some point). Robert Duvall? Never do that again.
And why the fuck couldn't they have got someone good to play Frodo?

excellent, order is restored. Wood sucks eh, wood. Robert Duvall could never top falling down, but he could at least try

My current theory is that Robert Duvall and Dennis Hopper are in fact the same person. They hire Robert Duvall to play the good guy parts, and Dennis Hopper to play the evil psycho parts, all that is needed is a bit of makeup and there you go!

seeing as dragging up old threads is the new starting new threads I'm yanking this up cause I saw it last night for the second time... I thought it was good the first time, but I thought it was Holy Shit Good last night... once you get the idea from the start it's just as watchable and hugely enjoyable

best thing Kaufmann did IMHO and a lovely, but restrained score from Brion, Jim Carey is bizzarely brilliant and Kate is just the right mix of free spirit versus complete Kook

deadlys all around

It’s very affecting if you’re a Jim Carreyesque gimp like me.

nah it is very affecting, I think if you have a soul at all like

reminds me off Annie Hall (everything reminds me of Annie Hall) in so far as the two main charecters are both quite flawed (by cinemas standards) and there's no attempt made to hide, discourage or change this...

I think it's a part of what makes both films quite affecting to yr average human being

i tried to watch this again last night, and couldn't
it's dull de dull dull dull
once the premise is set out, and we all go "oh, how clever" there's really fuck all point in watching the movie.

navel gazing. a movie for goths. tish.

i tried to watch this again last night, and couldn't
it's dull de dull dull dull
once the premise is set out, and we all go "oh, how clever" there's really fuck all point in watching the movie.

navel gazing. a movie for goths. tish.

it's not donnie darko

although there is a bunch of shitty american emo bands with song titles like 'Meet me in Montauk'. ugh, wrecking it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back