Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind... (2 Viewers)

re:24
i think for the first series they wrote 12 episodes and when it did well they had to strech it a wee bit (->major plot twist).. i love it though. my poor little kim is always getting herself into trouble. :rolleyes:

Stacy said:
re:24
i think for the first series they wrote 12 episodes and when it did well they had to strech it a wee bit (->major plot twist).. i love it though. my poor little kim is always getting herself into trouble. :rolleyes:
I knew it! The first series is okay until about epsiode 12 where the family get rescued. Natural end to the proceedings and then it just kind of goes "Oh hang on we've another 12 to go .. better think of something else". It should have been 12.

Current series is just pants. Complete bollox. I really wish they would release the virus and murder all of LA. I only watch it cos its on after the Sopranos.

egg_ said:
City of Angels I think it was. I thought that was OK, actually, except for the end which was just stupid (I'm a sucker for Nic Cage though)
Wings of Desire, the film it was a remake of, was no better

bollox

Wings of Desire (and sequel Faraway So Close) are brilliant

sorry, but just had to point that out

Cormcolash said:
Actually as an afterthought, a mate of mine was saying this earlier and it's totally true, Kill Bill is a film based around a soundtrack.

Agreed.....
SOundtrack wasn't even that good.
Sam l. Jackson plays a blues pianist though which was the only thing I thought was decent in the film. I wish the film was about that pianist and how he killed BIll with his smokin playin.

As for ESOTSM I thought:

of all the people I would get removed from my head.

hugh said:
I knew it! The first series is okay until about epsiode 12 where the family get rescued. Natural end to the proceedings and then it just kind of goes "Oh hang on we've another 12 to go .. better think of something else". It should have been 12.

Current series is just pants. Complete bollox. I really wish they would release the virus and murder all of LA. I only watch it cos its on after the Sopranos.
current 24 is a bit of a letdown, thought i was picking up the other week but it's fallen off again.
David Lee Roth and steve buscemi in the same episode of the sopranos, that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. i do hope steve buscemi goes bonkers or something

egg_ said:
Wings of Desire has its moments, same as City of Angels.

no, stop comparing the two films, thats like saying Greystoke and the new sky one series "TARZAN" are the same... :eek:

Gonna see Spotless Sunshine of the Endless Brain soon, not really a Kauffman fan by any stretch, but Gaundry gives me goosebumps. The video for Let Forever Be, by the Chemical Brothers, is unreal.

Cormcolash said:
You wanna watch a Samurai movie, get some fuckin Akira Kurosawa, thats all you need.
I don't think Kill Bill is supposed to be a samurai movie, just cos it's got samurai swords doesn't make it so.

Speaking of which Beat Takeshi's new movie is coming out (its out in Japan Now i think). From what I hear its supposedly one of the most realistic gorefests ever liike when such and such gets slashed on his face its supposedly going to look like his face is coming apart. We've entered a new age!!! oh and did i mention he plays a blind samurai who kicks ass... BLIND i tells ya!!!

jane said:
Can I slate it first? Oh, wait, I haven't seen it, and I probably won't, but not knowing what I'm talking about has never stopped me from forming a hermetically-sealed opinion before.

I have no issue with Katewatchers, but Jim Carrey creeps me out. Therefore, me no see.
The Truman Show , The Cable Guy, Man On The Moon - all good movies in my opinion

Jim's got his moments

c4o said:
I don't think Kill Bill is supposed to be a samurai movie, just cos it's got samurai swords doesn't make it so.

Speaking of which Beat Takeshi's new movie is coming out (its out in Japan Now i think). From what I hear its supposedly one of the most realistic gorefests ever liike when such and such gets slashed on his face its supposedly going to look like his face is coming apart. We've entered a new age!!! oh and did i mention he plays a blind samurai who kicks ass... BLIND i tells ya!!!

Fuckin right, anything Beat Takeshi does is genius, the guy fuckin rules!

Current series of 24 is ridiculous, still hilarious though, first series = Dennis Hopper putting on a Serbian accent = Unbeatable comedy value.

Well, okay, Tim Curry's Romanian accent in the film Congo is equally good.

Ian said:
Cassiel is the name of bruno gantz's mate angel...
There was 2 films, first wings of Desire (that shity of angels is "based" on), this one features Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds playing From Her To Eternity in a club in Berlin toward the end of the movie

The second is the rather dire Faraway, So Close... this one features Lou Reed and a deadly soundtrack, but a dodgy sequal to say the least... Nick Cave has a song on the soundtrack called Cassiel...
cheers Ian -

I liked the second one - in a late night channel4 type of way - it helps if your a hapless loner though...

must check chartbusters for that

Cormcolash said:
Well, okay, Tim Curry's Romanian accent in the film Congo is equally good.

Congo is the greatest film ever! where else can you find Tim Curry and Bruce Campbell camping it up to such ludicrous degree! Fan-tastic!

Alan Remorse said:
Congo is the greatest film ever! where else can you find Tim Curry and Bruce Campbell camping it up to such ludicrous degree! Fan-tastic!

Congo is indeed hilarious. The black guy in it rules. Ernie Hudson, who I just discovered is actually Winston Zeddemore. This guy:

eh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back