Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind... (3 Viewers)

Eternal Sunshine was great! Michael Gondry did an incredible job with the direction, all the dream bits were amazing and it really caught my imagination. It is kind of ambiguous though when it comes to how you feel during it, but maybe that's intentional... Acting was sickeningly good...

egg_ said:
Depressing! I thought it was heart-warming. And bizarre. And fucking brilliant.

What about Kate Winslet? I'd never have gone for her before but in this she's ... just classically beautiful, there's no doubt about it. One of many many good reasons to go and see this film
Kate Winslet always was mmmm. especially Titantic era

Joan Collins is behind me - in Revenge

Nora, Kate, weightwatchers... whatever... both beautiful girls...

Cant get that movie out of my head, been all floaty ever since... Pure poetry... I'll be going again before the week is out, i tell's yeh...

Gosee!

Most of all I cant wait for both Andy's and Beardo's slateing of this film!

Ian said:
Nora, Kate, weightwatchers... whatever... both beautiful girls...

Cant get that movie out of my head, been all floaty ever since... Pure poetry... I'll be going again before the week is out, i tell's yeh...

Gosee!

Most of all I cant wait for both Andy's and Beardo's slateing of this film!
Can I slate it first? Oh, wait, I haven't seen it, and I probably won't, but not knowing what I'm talking about has never stopped me from forming a hermetically-sealed opinion before.

I have no issue with Katewatchers, but Jim Carrey creeps me out. Therefore, me no see.

Don't do that Jane...
It's Man In The Moon style Carrey not Ace feckin Ventura...

I know, I know, but I just can't shake it. I mean, I haven't even seen that many Jim Carrey movies (certainly not enough to have such a negative response, anyway), but still, I just ..... can't explain it. I think maybe I'm just angry because he made poop humour look so unfunny, and I don't think I'll ever get over it. Even when he's in something serious, I'm still waiting for him to start pulling faces and jumping around like a fucking idiot. I'll never trust him.

He's like that guy, that friend-of-a-friend, who got into a few drunken fights, or really offended someone to the core, just a couple of times, and maybe it was years ago. But still, every time that friend says, "Yeah, XXX is coming out with us," you just can't enjoy yourself. Maybe he's started being nice, even gone to charm school, but you're just on edge the whole time anyway.

Without ruining any of the plot for anyone I will respond to this in the relm of PM

jane said:
I know, I know, but I just can't shake it. I mean, I haven't even seen that many Jim Carrey movies (certainly not enough to have such a negative response, anyway), but still, I just ..... can't explain it. I think maybe I'm just angry because he made poop humour look so unfunny, and I don't think I'll ever get over it. Even when he's in something serious, I'm still waiting for him to start pulling faces and jumping around like a fucking idiot. I'll never trust him.

He's like that guy, that friend-of-a-friend, who got into a few drunken fights, or really offended someone to the core, just a couple of times, and maybe it was years ago. But still, every time that friend says, "Yeah, XXX is coming out with us," you just can't enjoy yourself. Maybe he's started being nice, even gone to charm school, but you're just on edge the whole time anyway.
I fucking HATE him
and tom hanks
and meg ryan.

jane said:
... and then you run into him, and he has started being nice, it's like a complete personality change and just as you start to relax a little he says something that reminds you of The Past.
I know this guy
But Jim Carrey in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is nothing like that.

kstop said:
Seems to be a chick thing. I still haven't seen the Kill Bills coz my girlf won't go to anything with Uma Thurman in it.
well, I HATED the first one but the 2nd one is pretty deadly

kirstie said:
well, I HATED the first one but the 2nd one is pretty deadly
Your're nuts Kirsty! 2nd one was a real let-down after part 1 I thought ...

Here, why would you go to part 2 if you disliked part 1 so much?

kirstie said:
I fucking HATE him
and tom hanks
and meg ryan.
I'm so with you on this, Kirstie. I was once coerced into watching some movie with her in it, with Nicholas Cage, something about fucking angels (JEEESUS), and when she died near the end, I was thrilled. The whole movie just made me feel violated.

Tom Hanks...don't get me started.

What are your feelings on Whoopi Goldberg? Kill? Or simply maim? I'd go in for a bit of both.

jane said:
I'm so with you on this, Kirstie. I was once coerced into watching some movie with her in it, with Nicholas Cage, something about fucking angels (JEEESUS), and when she died near the end, I was thrilled. The whole movie just made me feel violated.

Tom Hanks...don't get me started.

What are your feelings on Whoopi Goldberg? Kill? Or simply maim? I'd go in for a bit of both.
I don't really mind whoopi too much - she's got Kirstie Kred what with being in Jumpin Jack Flash and pressin the SEND key all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back