Electric Picnic 2013 (3 Viewers)

Of all the people I know who will most likely go to the Electric Picnic festival, I'd be 99.9% sure that not a single one of them could name me an MBV song. So going and having to listen to them spoof on about them would piss me off. In fact even just thinking about how they'll be excited about seeing MBV over the next few months but won't actually bother to listening to them is already pissing me off. They're already at it on Facebook.

It's a negative for me, I'd love to see MBV again but they seem to think playing EP every few years covers them for Irish shows.

Yea I had to re-read Cinnamon Boy's post. then I realised he was just giving out about his mates.

I was. I'm a prick, don't forget.

I'd love to see MBV again. I saw them in Manchester a few years ago. So I'm pissed off they're not playing a standalone show somewhere. Have to go to fucking Endhoven or somewhere now.

Anyway, I'm in my thirties. I can find a negative in anything.

they will play a standalone show in ireland.

they just will be contractually told not to mention it till after the elictric pecnec.

nordies know about counterintelligence

trust me.

they will play a standalone show in ireland.

they just will be contractually told not to mention it till after the elictric pecnec.

nordies know about counterintelligence

trust me.
Well they didn't after their last appearance in Ireland, at EP.

This is a disappointing but not surprising lineup but i'll probably still go for David Byrne and St Vincent. I figure they'll be good live, even if the album is shite... kind of like that current Dexys lineup.

Of all the people I know who will most likely go to the Electric Picnic festival, I'd be 99.9% sure that not a single one of them could name me an MBV song. .

that's me.

Last year I had a good time watching an Elvis Impersonator while Sigur Ros played so i'm not really THAT worried about the headliners. I'd like if a few other bands I liked played though.

ANNOUNCING 22 MORE REASONS TO SNAP UP THIS YEAR’S HOTTEST FESTIVAL TICKET..

ROBERT PLANT PRESENTS THE SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS| ELLIE GOULDING| LITTLE GREEN CARS| THE BEAT|
BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB (BRMC) | TERRI HOOLEY |
JOHN GRANT | MILES KANE| MATTHEW E. WHITE| CRYSTAL FIGHTERS | GAVIN JAMES | DAWES | FACTORY FLOOR |LADY LAMB THE BEEKEEPER | CHARLI XCX |CAYUCAS | LULU JAMES | NIGHT BEDS | SPACE DIMENSION CONTROLLER |VALERIE JUNE|CHROME SPARKS| BIG BLACK DELTA

One of rock’s greatest legends is set to grace the stage in Stradbally at Electric Picnic 2013. Cited by Rolling Stone as the best lead singer of all time, renowned Led Zeppelin front man ROBERT PLANT PRESENTS THE SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS joins the burgeoning list of headliners at this year’s tenth birthday celebrations.

Enthralling fans on his recent tour of Australia with an eclectic set list of Zeppelin hits and new sounds from The Sensational Space Shifters, Adelaide Now hailed ‘The Sensational Space Shifters as everything their name suggests’ and the Brisbane Times said ‘What's going on is further proof that Plant is far more imaginative, playful and adventurous than any cliche, a man who's absorbed all the music he's loved and played and sought out the musicians to explore that’
In shows to date the ‘Rock and Roll’ set list has included ‘Friends’, ‘Black Dog’, ‘Whole Lotta Love’ and many more. This is one performance that is sure to have Picnickers scrambling to get pole position on the sprawling lawns of the Stradbally estate.
From rock god to indie-pop idols…
British pop sensation ELLIE GOULDING returns to our shores to bring her indie-pop sound to Electric Picnic. The songstress gained momentum on an international level following a list of awards and nominations including winner of the 2010 BRIT Critics Choice Award, a certified triple platinum single for ‘Lights’ by the Recording Industry Association of America and a stream of internationally chart-topping singles.
Dublin quintet LITTLE GREEN CARS return to this year’s Electric Picnic with a #1 album under the belt, with their debut ‘Absolute Zero’ hitting the top of the Irish charts this week. Since their 2011 EP debut the band has gone from strength to strength, garnering international success and a loyal fan-base. The well-crafted lyrics and instrumentation of tracks such as ‘Harper Lee’ and ‘The John Wayne’ have gained critical acclaim, catering to both mainstream and alternative audiences alike. With a string of headline shows, the debut album and a performance on U.S. television ‘Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’ under their belt, Electric Picnickers should book their spot on the field early!
This year picnickers will have a feast on the delights of ska legends, THE BEAT. The 2 tone ska ensemble made an indelible mark on the ska scene when reigning supreme in the early 80s with ‘Mirror in the Bathroom’ and ‘Hands Off…She’s mine’. The Gold and Platinum selling group are a testament to ska and will blow the crowd away with their distinctive delivery of 2 tone ska and dance. Over thirty years since the band first formed and following an array of line-up alterations, Electric Picnic welcomes Dave Wakeling (Lead Vocals/Guitar), Rhythmm Epkins (Drums/Vocals), Antonee First Class (Toaster), Matt Morrish (Sax/Vocals), Kevin Lum (Keys/Vocals) and Roger Bueno (Bass/Vocals) to showcase their roots.
American rockers BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB (BRMC) will bring their atmospheric garage rock, neo-psychedelic sound to the crowd of Stradbally. Following a sold-out gig at the Academy, a string of albums and the release of the new (seventh) record ‘Spectre at the Feast’, this San Franciscan trio will storm the Stradbally grounds.
The Irish punk scene will be forever in debt to TERRI HOOLEY. Founder of the record label and shop ‘Good Vibrations’, Hooley put punk bands such as The Undertones and The Outcasts on the music map in the 70s. 2013 brought the critically-acclaimed film ‘Good Vibrations’ that documented Hooley’s prominent role in the 70s music scene and the picnic provides a unique treat to listen and engage with Mr Hooley with his own rare DJ set.
American singer-songwriter JOHN GRANT of the Czars fame will return to Ireland following his recent sold-out gig at Vicar Street and 2011 performance at the festival. With the new album ‘Pale Green Ghosts’, featuring our own Sinead O’Connor, Grant will bring his melancholic musings to the stage at Stradbally.
MILES KANE returns to Ireland to showcase his latest solo material. Picnickers can join Kane, co-frontman of The Last Shadow Puppets and former frontman of The Rascals, on this solo voyage of rock n’ roll, garage and soul. With his second solo record ‘Don’t Forget Who You Are’ set for release this summer, a string of award nominations including this year’s NME Best Solo Artist, revellers will be stomping and rocking to Kane’s rejuvenation of the classic 70s Mod theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back