Electric Picnic 2013 (1 Viewer)

I'll raise your "couple of good tunes" and say "a couple of good albums" [Marchin' Already / Moseley Shoals].

I'm absolutely baffled by the continuing hatred towards OCS although it does always seem to come from a certain type of hipster. Paul Weller garnered the same loathing after Stanley Road [primarily NME hatchet jobs] and a number of his critics freely admitted to not actively listening to the material they were supposed to despise.

OCS and Weller get the thumbs up from most mods / freakbeat dudes and r'n'b groovers. Which is just as it should be. I've a lot more in common with those guys than some bearded chinstroking indie snob.

LOL that this post implies Jim Carroll is a 'hipster'.

Would like to have seen both of them
Saw the first few songs by the Knife and thought they were deadly. My wife, however, thought they were "fucking shite" so I ended up not catching all of their set. Anyone else see them?

Would like to have seen both of them
Saw the first few songs by the Knife and thought they were deadly. My wife, however, thought they were "fucking shite" so I ended up not catching all of their set. Anyone else see them?

yes, they were absolutely fantastic. Second best thing I saw all festival (the best being the preceding act).

Enjoyed the Knife. Missed the start of their set but. Closing with 'Silent Shout', can't go wrong with that.

The start of their set was 15 minutes of that bloke who looks like Kenny Everett taking everyone through an aerobics routine. You probably saw him when he came back out later for that little gay-rights gesture.

Anyways, the highlight for me was the rubbish, but still deadly, dancing to this;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Savages not too far behind.

Lucille+gif+ugh.gif

Oh the washingcattle rants about Savages thread.

(I don't actually think that would change your mind)
Haha, is that actually the thread title? Didn't see it but totally not surprised. Wasn't too gone on the album when I heard it first but they were incredible live. Really bought into it despite myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back