Electric Picnic 2009 (2 Viewers)

That's a bit of an understatement. It's a complete rip off. Look how the ticket price compares to the festivals across the water;

Electric Picnic €240 (UK £206)
T In The Park €209 (UK £180)
Glastonbury €204 (UK £175)
Reading/Leeds €204 (UK £175)
Latitude €175 (UK £150)
The Big Chill €169 (UK £145)
Isle Of White €163 (UK £140)
Bestival €163 (UK £140)
End Of The Road €163 (UK £140)
Green Man €134 (UK £115)

it is pricey, but its the same price as oxegen and you still have to take a flight over to get to those and more general travel expenses, plus changing money. It would end up costing more (probably) going to those festivals. I know you'd be in a different country and all that, but its England its not like its benacism or primavera where you going to the sunshine.

Considering the price of a ticket sneaking in is pretty easy. I'm at a wedding on the Friday so whatever about attending I wont be buying a weekend ticket. i wonder if pre-sales are bad will they consider day tickets, or maybe the licence appliction can't accomodate them?
Great news about Dinosaur Jr but there's too real a risk that poor sound could ruin it so I wouldn't want to be counting on it to make the weekend.

That's a bit of an understatement. It's a complete rip off. Look how the ticket price compares to the festivals across the water;

Latitude €175 (UK £150)
Bestival €163 (UK £140)
Green Man €134 (UK £115)

it is pricey, but its the same price as oxegen and you still have to take a flight over to get to those and more general travel expenses, plus changing money. It would end up costing more (probably) going to those festivals. I know you'd be in a different country and all that, but its England its not like its benacism or primavera where you going to the sunshine.

Yes, and you also need to remember that (with the exception of London where the cost of living is high salaries in the UK are comparatively much lower than here.

Blitzen Trapper have just been added for the Sunday. Got an press release bout it and it's on their myspace too.

Latitude €175 (UK £150)
Bestival €163 (UK £140)
Green Man €134 (UK £115)

And what I'm going to:

Supersonic £80
Colour Out Of Space £40
No Fun Fest Sweden E75

Yes, and you also need to remember that (with the exception of London where the cost of living is high salaries in the UK are comparatively much lower than here.

Firstly the flight over costs nearly as much as the fucking bus ticket.

Secondly this time of year in the south of England the weather is much like France

Thirdly the average salaries being lower means that you aren't getting gouged constantly once you get there. booze is cheaper and drugs are better in England FACT.

Scotland, Reading and Leeds however I know nothing about except they're all shite at football. also FACT!

London is still a lot cheaper than Dublin, even though the pound has gained a bit recently. Friends who come over cannot believe the prices in Dublin. Likewise going home to London has been brilliant for the last 18 months, so cheap going on this piss compared to Dublin.

Prices in London compared to the rest of the UK is another story, just like Dublin vs. the rest of Ireland.

London is still a lot cheaper than Dublin, even though the pound has gained a bit recently. Friends who come over cannot believe the prices in Dublin. Likewise going home to London has been brilliant for the last 18 months, so cheap going on this piss compared to Dublin.

Prices in London compared to the rest of the UK is another story, just like Dublin vs. the rest of Ireland.

saw sonic youth in brixton academy a few years ago

Price £14

they're playing the scala next monthand it's £25 yes that's a big jump but SY at Vicar st is €45. Strong pound or nay Dublin is expensive.

Hey I have to go to this cause my girlfriend is dancing in the Spiegle tent(on the stage not in the audience) is there anyway I can get in for free or do I have to bend over and take it up the ticket pipe

surely you would know the answer to that better than people you don't know, or who don't know your girlfriend? can she not get you a guest pass? wouldn't she be the person to ask?

Yeah already tried all that , I was hoping one of the local scene plebes on here could hook me up with number of the spa in charge of burger stands or some shit! Pm me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back