Electric Picnic 2007 thread (1 Viewer)

polyphonic01.jpg

polyphonic02.jpg

polyphonic03.jpg

Fucking amazing weekend. Favourites were Bjork, LCD Soundsystem, My Brightest Diamond, Erasure (!amazing!), Deerhoof (that drummer is upsettingly kick ass), Bat for Lashes, Clap your hands say yeah (though the sound was appalling), Sonic Youth, seeing so many people I know on stage and highlighting my life's lack of achievements.

Saturday was soo much fun. Met moose and I think I hugged Ernesto.. I met loads of folks.. loads of old friends and enemies. made and drank mojitos down at my tent. The time spent in the toilets were some of the worst moments of my life.

Camping was fun.. although largely freezing and painful. We had a great spot in the green site.

Kick ass!

There's no cider to be had.

There was deadly organic cider at a stall outside body and soul, three strengths. Strongest one blew my head off.

Deadly food too.

My highlights in no particular order:

Sonic Youth (100%! Silver Rocket!)
Bjork doing joga an the anchor song...absolutely beautiful.
Beastie boys' second gig
Deerhoof
Final Fantasy
Iggy and the Stooges ("fuck all pop shows fuck all careers. I am you". *stage invasion*)
Two americans, man and woman with fiddle and banjo playing cajun music unamplified in the lovely little turf cottage (cottage made out of turf) in the body and soul area with about ten people there.
Jarvis doing "cunts are still running the world" followed by "the boys are back in town" was probably the best bit of all.

Also, at the Jimmy Cake, when everyone was sitting on the ground and then just at the last song the security came in walking around around and got people to stand up. There was a rush towards the front and you could see the band thinking "fuck yeah they really like this new one" and then they rocked harder. was good craic.

Regrets: missed the fall.

The sound in that electric arena (?) tent was shit. Spoiled !!! and CYHSY for me, did't stay for their sets. Thought the sound was fine in the smaller tents and main and was great at body and soul.

what was the story with the dude who died at this? OD'd?

i didnt see many familiar heads by some fluke. saw osama van halen a few times.
oh actually, my highlight was seeing him dj down in the little amnesty area. what a set! if only there was more people there to get groovin'.

ohhh what an amazing weekend..im absolutely wrecked though!!i remember talking jibberish to i is john inside the beastie boys and being accosted by moose during the polyphonic spree:)

highlights:

sonic youth!!oh mark ibold..
the go! team-jammers but deadly
oppenheimer
kissaway trail
dj yoda
the polphonic spree

biggest disappointment was the beastie boys..both shows..

saw das nugs djing too but he looked very busy so i didnt go over to saw hi..was cool meeting so many people i havent seen in ages..oh such a good weekend..

Oh Hi Muffin. How dumb were security? No matter how much you check through peoples bags and 'know all the tricks' if you don't check at the other gate i'm still gonna get my booze in.

oh and MIA would be a billion times better if she had a live band along with the dj feller

Anyone know the crack with your man who died then?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0902/picnic.html

I was talking to a security guard on Sunday who claimed that the lad cut his throat on a beer can but that's got to be bullshit. I've also heard heart attack and heat stroke due to pills. There were some yokes going around with spaceships or Saturn on them that some of my mates had and they reckoned they freaked them out they were so strong. I'm shocked that an ambulance with flashing lights and sirens blaring managed to get through a Chem Brothers crowd.

Anyways I had a fucking amazing weekend. Ran into egg_ a couple of times and Darren Coldspoons (Sparse?) and was camping beside a couple of other thumpeteers. Final Fantasy on Saturday night was fucking mind blowingly amazing, and the crowd were so hot for him too, he seemed really shocked. Also loved Deerhoof and Sonic Youth, Unkle I thought were cool, Go! Team were lots of fun even though I've never liked them, Si Schroeder's set was all shoe gazey and lovely, also enjoyed Fight Like Apes. Radiodread were a lot of fun, Bjork was a bit meh I think. LCD Soundsystem looked like they were really gonna rip into it but I was fucked tired and a bit freaked out about being on my own so I went back to the campsite. Chemical Brothers aren't really my thing and I caught the end of Skream and liked it. Probably missing some other stuff

I didn't see them but from the tent I heard the Manics and CYHSY play and it sounded like they were going down really well.

Did anyone else see the Final Fantasy vs. Architecture In Helsinki vs. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah improve jam session in the Body And Soul area last night. A bit loose but really really good, much better than watching Primal Fucking Scream anyway.

I was talking to a security guard on Sunday who claimed that the lad cut his throat on a beer can but that's got to be bullshit. I've also heard heart attack and heat stroke due to pills. There were some yokes going around with spaceships or Saturn on them that some of my mates had and they reckoned they freaked them out they were so strong. I'm shocked that an ambulance with flashing lights and sirens blaring managed to get through a Chem Brothers crowd.
Read someone saying they were standing down the front of chem bros and all of a suddent the dude dropped to the ground, turned grey and stopped breathing, half an hour later he was stretchered out. They said it looked like an OD (but sure who'd really recognise an OD). A few mates saw him being stretchered off alright.

EDIT: Found it
just back from picnic.

was standing watching chem bros lastnight,and as they played believe,and during the break a bloke in front of us just dropped.

thought he was just another pissed bloke,like the rest of the people around us.but he wouldnt wake up and started to turn a grey colour.

they tried to revive him for 20 mins,doing cpr and the usual stuff. but after 20 mins of doing cpr,they took him off on a little quad bike/buggy thing.

he didnt look too good at all,after 20 mins of trying to get him to breathe and wake up,with no luck.

after seeing that,it put the shits up us and we decided enough was enough and went home.

hope he was ok in the end,didnt hear what happened with him.

we saw a guy being carted off on saturday night over near bodytonic..he looked fucking out of his mind and his girlfriend was hysterical..they were using the defibulators(sp?) and everything..frightened the bejeekers out of me..

great photos pete! erasure truly continue to terrify me. the vulcan dude on keys appears to not have aged remotely.. whereas the singer guy has become more like roger dangerfield. what a show.

fair play to delorentos - great show and a huge crowd too. also enjoyed channel one.. sound was a bit patchy, but they were great. fight like apes suffered a bit from technical bullshit - the sound guy shrugged at me when I told him how to do his job - but still gave it loads. caught a bit of the jimmy cake.. sounded great but was too packed to get in. saw hec doin his thang so that sufficed. anyway.. well done doods :)

oh and we really enjoyed chilling out at body n soul listening to adrian crowley. lovely.

I was talking to some guy in the info tent with condoms / tea etc. and his radio went off with something like "we have a guy in cardiac arrest here".. pretty awful. A guy at the chemical brothers dying of a heart attack - gotta assume much drugs were involved :(

Haha what did you say to him? "Here, fucko, drop the bass, boost the mids, and take off the top 25-30000khz or i'll bate the head off ya"

pretty much - most particularly the floor tom was resonating like it was from war of the worlds. the guy was just standing there like colm meaney pretending to use the transporter desk. he looked like an ignorant cunt. also there appeared to be a loose/dodgy DI connection from the keyboards. just go fix it, you fat prick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back