Electric Picnic 2007 thread (5 Viewers)

mud02.jpg

mud01.jpg

oh the awesomeness of beastie boys...saw the first set from side of the stage. was cool for novelty purposes but there was no buzz. was front at at barrier for the 'gala event'

what a fucking great band.

oh the awesomeness of beastie boys...saw the first set from side of the stage. was cool for novelty purposes but there was no buzz. was front at at barrier for the 'gala event'

what a fucking great band.

they blew the shit out of everything else i saw this weekend

Highlights for me were : Beastie Boys (x2), Mix Master Mike, Rahzel, Jamie Lidell, Hexstatic and Mr Scruff. The rest was all a bit meh. Sound throughout all the tents and stages was shit.

without a shadow of a doubt my highlight was daring to miss the Stooges so I could see Dub Pistols
with Terry Hall and being rewarded with Terry doing 3 songs including 'Our Lips are Sealed' and
'Gangsters'... fucking amazin'

i thought the sound for the beastie boys on saturday was great... couldn't hear properly until yesterday afternoon though

I had no intention of watching the stooges but I'm glad we did. Iggy got about 70 or 80 punters up on the stage with them for a couple of songs. Very impressed.

Sadly its not pure unbridled rock'n'roll, he does that every time - I've seen the Stooges 4 times in the last 2 years. Though once it went wrong and nobody would leave the stage and Iggy got annoyed at them.

Mass with Warlords of pez was great but I missed the start and so am missing a miselet.

Marlena Shaw can still sing, and loads of other good stuff - !!!, Fall, Jimmy cake, sonic youth, Soul II Soul, Horace Andy and so on.

I missed most of The Good The Bad & The Queen to see Bjork, seemed like they were cutting loose in the last 15 minutes but someone said the rest was fairly sewdate and focussed on the songs.

And what were they thinking having the Beasties in a tent - there was nobody at the main stage for JAMC - should've reveresed them. Was great to see 'em but couldn't get into the tent on saturday night - and I hear it was fairly full on inside.

Sadly its not pure unbridled rock'n'roll, he does that every time

Ah yeah now I wasn't thinking it was an unplanned spur of the moment thing -each of them sentences should probably have been on a separate line, like.

And what were they thinking having the Beasties in a tent - there was nobody at the main stage for JAMC - should've reveresed them. Was great to see 'em but couldn't get into the tent on saturday night - and I hear it was fairly full on inside.
It was jammers. I heard on the radio that they sent the cops in at one stage to try to reduce the squash? I know they had to take the sides of the tent off.

The highlight for me was when Iggy Was shouting something like "FUCK YEAH" after everyone was leaving the stage, and then went down a notch to speak to some security guy, "hey man take it easy with the girl".

Ah yeah now I wasn't thinking it was an unplanned spur of the moment thing -each of them sentences should probably have been on a separate line, like.

It was jammers. I heard on the radio that they sent the cops in at one stage to try to reduce the squash? I know they had to take the sides of the tent off.

Outside was kinda scary after they started - so many people that you could've been hurt easily if there was a abd crush or you fell. There was one security guy trying to stop people crushing in but most of them seemed to not give a damn.

Seemed to calm down after they played some funk jams for about 10 minutes. Drove off some of the less bothered people. And taking down the tent sides meant you could see and hear a bit better, so the second hour was pretty ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back