election (1 Viewer)

I won't apologise for my anger. I'm angry. I have a right to be angry still, don't I? ElderLemon might be eternally polite, but I still find him offensive. And I'm going to tell him so. My country just voted to elect a person who will continue to erode our personal freedoms, slaughter millions of innocent people for the benefit of corporations, and lie and cheat his way to even more power. And he thinks it's okay because the guy is pro-life. And that is supremely offensive to me. And I'm angry about it.

The thing is, I do still see a point in 'railing against' choosing a candidate based on a single issue that relates entirely to some 'higher morality' that people would like to impose on everyone else. Why are people so willing to remain so utterly misinformed? It is of benefit to those like ElderLemon that they do. He thinks it's okay.

To say that people are free to use their votes as they please -- which they are -- when those votes are being used to harm others, has been the excuse used to elect many a despot.

Yes, I'm angry. If I can't get angry on Thumped, where can I? Jeez, people have gotten angry over much, much less.

Jane, you've as much right to get angry and slag ElderLemon off as he has to express his views on President Shrub. And everyone else has the right to take Jane to task for getting angry and grumpy, and I've got the right to fight (powpow) for the right (powpow) to paaaaaaaaarrrrrrrtay.

ElderLemon said:
not me personally.
If you only need to be satisfied on one issue, then you are effectively giving up your choice on all other issues ... and lead you into this situation:

"In Germany, the Nazis first came for the communists, and I did not speak up, because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up, because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak up, because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I did not speak up, because I was not a Catholic. Then they came for me... and by that time, there was no one to speak up for anyone."

Don't you think?

Who are you quoting, egg?

egg_ said:
If you only need to be satisfied on one issue, then you are effectively giving up your choice on all other issues ... and lead you into this situation:

"In Germany, the Nazis first came for the communists, and I did not speak up, because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up, because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak up, because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I did not speak up, because I was not a Catholic. Then they came for me... and by that time, there was no one to speak up for anyone."

Don't you think?

re: lmd64's post

I'll tell you what they do...they take them out FOR A GREAT NIGHT OUT THE TOWN!!!

Everybody was kung fu fightin'
doodle oo doo doo doo doo doo:D
Those kicks were as fast as lightnin':cool:
deedle ee deedle ee deedle ee deedle eedle dee:eek:

any oil in Kenya?

Kenyan Vice President Moody Awori:
"The first term of Bush, he had come in as a lame duck. Now it appears as if he is winning very convincingly. To me I think we are going to see more dictatorship on an international scale. We are going to see more extremism come out of there. We are going to see even more isolationism where America will not bother about the United Nations. To me that is a very sad affair."

In fairness egg_ you can't compare the election of bush to the Nazis.

Incidentally, Kerry wasn't proposing to send interflora to iraq either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back