election (1 Viewer)

Re: Irish played a key role in victory, says President's top Ohio aide

jane said:
If we provide a viable, real alternative, we won't have to sit around compromising justice and human rights, just to stay afloat.
hillary clinton morrison?

moc said:
hillary clinton morrison?
i'd say yes, but she is not going to get the popular vote in the republican states. she's too much a bone of contention for most republicans, even though i reckon she'd make an excellent president.

and that's leaving aside Michael Moore's profession of love/lust for her. I would really hope at this stage that Michael Moore does not endorse any democratic candidates for the next election, because there's no way that anyone who did vote for Bush this time around is going to be persuaded by his particular brand of heavy-handed comic preaching.

lmd64 said:
i'd say yes, but she is not going to get the popular vote in the republican states. she's too much a bone of contention for most republicans, even though i reckon she'd make an excellent president.

and that's leaving aside Michael Moore's profession of love/lust for her. I would really hope at this stage that Michael Moore does not endorse any democratic candidates for the next election, because there's no way that anyone who did vote for Bush this time around is going to be persuaded by his particular brand of heavy-handed comic preaching.
Yes, comics should stick to comedy. He's more than that, I know, but he's made himself into a bit of a Democratic Court Jester, and it's not, perhaps, the best way to win the hearts and minds of the American people.

I don't think Hilary would win. If any woman could win, it would be her. She's as tough as they come. But, the problem is, while we might have been ready to consider a female president eight years ago, we no longer are. Things have rolled back to such an extent that we have a Sysiphean job on our hands for the next twenty or so years. I really think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

The US isn't even ready for a president who isn't a cowboy, let alone a left-wing feminist. Sadly enough.

She'd be a fantastic president. She wouldn't make all of our dreams come true (though there would be pressure on her to do such a thing), but there would be some real steps made for positive change.

Thinking about what ElderLemon said about prioritising issues ... I think in a way that explains the behaviour of the GWB administration pretty well. Seems to me his personal agenda is socially conservative, fundamentalist Christian right wing. He doesn't actually care about economics or foreigners, so he's turned over control of those areas to the his corporate friends - basically he allows them to pursue their economic and foreign policy agenda if they'll allow him to pursue his social agenda. He gets what he wants, they get what they want

John Edwards for 2008! He's southern. And he's got a great smile.

I don't think the Clinton name will have the same appeal in 2008.

yeah, I cant honestly believe that Hilary Clinton would be elected in the current U.S. climate. you can buy "Hilary Sucks!" tshirts and mugs. I really doubt that she could win. People were relying on the young voters, the MTV generation, to vote liberal. 20 million or so turned out, and they split down the middle. its disturbing, they could have given Kerry a landslide had they been self-educated and rational.

Jane, I want to hug your dad. he sounds like a really decent guy...I love those kind of americans..the articulate, rational intelligent people. unfortunately theyre a minority.

I suspect there won't be a female president of the US until there's a female VP who then runs for the big job and gets in that way, and I doubt if Hilary would lower herself to be a running mate for John Edwards or Barrack Obama, two of the likely candidates for 2008. I think she might run for the Democrat nomination but will be pipped at the post because the Democrats will chicken out and go for silver-tongue Edwards.

jane said:
Yes, comics should stick to comedy. He's more than that, I know, but he's made himself into a bit of a Democratic Court Jester, and it's not, perhaps, the best way to win the hearts and minds of the American people.

I don't think Hilary would win. If any woman could win, it would be her. She's as tough as they come. But, the problem is, while we might have been ready to consider a female president eight years ago, we no longer are. Things have rolled back to such an extent that we have a Sysiphean job on our hands for the next twenty or so years. I really think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

The US isn't even ready for a president who isn't a cowboy, let alone a left-wing feminist. Sadly enough.

She'd be a fantastic president. She wouldn't make all of our dreams come true (though there would be pressure on her to do such a thing), but there would be some real steps made for positive change.
gawd, 8 years ago. pre-clinton-impeachment, pre-florida-recount, pre-bush, pre-911, pre-stupid-white-men, pre-afghanistan, pre-iraq 2, pre-saddam-inna-hole...

ah, the innocence of those halcyon days

lmd64 said:
gawd, 8 years ago. pre-clinton-impeachment, pre-florida-recount, pre-bush, pre-911, pre-stupid-white-men, pre-afghanistan, pre-iraq 2, pre-saddam-inna-hole...

ah, the innocence of those halcyon days
pre-internet!

snakybus said:
I suspect there won't be a female president of the US until there's a female VP who then runs for the big job and gets in that way, and I doubt if Hilary would lower herself to be a running mate for John Edwards or Barrack Obama, two of the likely candidates for 2008. I think she might run for the Democrat nomination but will be pipped at the post because the Democrats will chicken out and go for silver-tongue Edwards.
I agree there's no way they'll elect a female president. On the subject of Obama, there's no way they'll elect a black one either ... though he'd be a killer running mate/VP for someone

heather_oscar_and_the_missing_person.sized.jpg

avernus said:
yeah, I cant honestly believe that Hilary Clinton would be elected in the current U.S. climate. you can buy "Hilary Sucks!" tshirts and mugs. I really doubt that she could win. People were relying on the young voters, the MTV generation, to vote liberal. 20 million or so turned out, and they split down the middle. its disturbing, they could have given Kerry a landslide had they been self-educated and rational.

Jane, I want to hug your dad. he sounds like a really decent guy...I love those kind of americans..the articulate, rational intelligent people. unfortunately theyre a minority.
Ta, my dad could use that hug himself!

I'll tell him that. He'll be really happy. For a moment. Until he remembers again what happened yesterday.

Sure, there are millions of past, present and potential Jerry Springer freaks, but the thinking person exists, and there are millions of us. It's just that most of us aren't the CEOs of large corporations.

hugh said:
On the subject of Obama, there's no way they'll elect a black one either ... though he'd be a killer running mate/VP for someone

yeah. I think his chances would be increased if there were 2 attempts on his life in a twenty four hour period during the california presidential primaries..but thanks to a CTU agent, they were foiled.

tom. said:
clinton morrison would make a great president. he's a right head-the-ball.

here, check the 'global' results: http://217.160.163.211/globalvote2004/
The middle east seems to be the biggest supporter of bush outside america, ...... begs the question.
Watched a long clip for a video on GNN (Guerilla news network) about iraq and alot of people wanted the americans there, and this on GNN!
I suppose this has nothing to do with this thread though.

Bag'o'cans said:
The middle east seems to be the biggest supporter of bush outside america, ...... begs the question.
Watched a long clip for a video on GNN (Guerilla news network) about iraq and alot of people wanted the americans there, and this on GNN!
I suppose this has nothing to do with this thread though.
Might it be for reasons similar to the ones that saw Americans elect someone who has already begun to destroy them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back