DS Lite (1 Viewer)

ilovehoovering

Supporter
anyone else get one? just bought one with Brain Training and the New Super Mario...my first handheld console since a Gameboy in 1990 :)

I imported mine a while ago and I'm still blown away by it. I'm playing it waaaay more than my Xbox 360 now. I'd probably be worried if this meant I was moving towards a "casual gamer", if only I wasn't playing Castlevania DS, which is hard. Like Ninja Gaiden hard.

Ordered Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! last week, so hopefully that'll be sitting on my desk in work in the morning. Looks like my Xbox 360 is going to have to wait a bit longer.

I'm sure the new Mario is class. I'd know for sure, if I were able to stop my lady friend from playing it so I could have a go myself!

Johnnyc said:
I'm sure the new Mario is class. I'd know for sure, if I were able to stop my lady friend from playing it so I could have a go myself!

i can't stop playing the Mole Whacking minigame

dudley said:
seemingly gamestop are doing a fairly favourable trade in deal, your old ds plus 70 bucks for a new one.
tempted, wonder can i offload some of my gba too
aren't extravision doing €40 second hand ds's at the moment. from one shop to another and if the difference is > 40 well then it's a bargain.

to extra sweeten the deal they let me trade in my old gba as well, so i have myself a lovely new ds lite for next to nothing

and

it;s fucking gorgeous, screens are way better than i could have believed, really brilliant

Ds lite is savage. The screens are class. I had no intention of changing my old ds for the lite, but a friend of mine just got one of the new ones and its real swanky. The old chunkier one is more comfy in the hand but the screens are so much better on the new one and you can fit it in a smallish pocket.

Con said:
The old chunkier one is more comfy in the hand but the screens are so much better on the new one and you can fit it in a smallish pocket.
I dunno.. I used to get "DS Claw" with the old one if I played for more than two hours at a time. With the lite, I hold it different and I'm belting through huge massive sittings of Partners in Time with nary a bother.

Although I haven't actually tried a competition in Mario Kart with the Lite yet. I have a feeling that holding the DS so delicately might make it a bit tougher.

dudley said:
its fucking gorgeous, screens are way better than i could have believed, really brilliant

just traded mine in with gamestop yesterday. such a great deal. the lite is so much nicer to play than the old one.

i got brain trainer too which is the best game ever. now i just have to wait for the new zelda game.

zebra heart attack said:
i got brain trainer too which is the best game ever. now i just have to wait for the new zelda game.

I've only played that brain training game a handful of times. I couldn't bear the taunts about my lack of improvement.

helena said:
I've only played that brain training game a handful of times. I couldn't bear the taunts about my lack of improvement.

profkawashima.jpg

he's tough, but fair :)

dudley said:
to extra sweeten the deal they let me trade in my old gba as well, so i have myself a lovely new ds lite for next to nothing

and

it;s fucking gorgeous, screens are way better than i could have believed, really brilliant

For those who've partaken of the gamestop dilly, whats the bottom line? Does yr trade in need to be boxed etc? Any other stipulations? Need to come with the metroid demo etc?

all you need is the adaptor, which i didn't have. so i bought a cheap one for 6 euro in the shop.
the manager in henry st did the deal for me, he was pretty helpful and friendly. he was also happy to let me check the screen for dead pixels beforehand too.

do it, it's the bleedin dream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back