******Digipack advice****** (1 Viewer)

A woman by any other name...

The boy Dylan Roche did the printing of our sleeves, and a fine job he did too. He was also instrumental in, if not downright responsible for, the "architecture" of the thing - by which I mean, which flap goes where (ahem). Burglerbarberbabby, you appreciate such things.

As for whether it was worth doing, "Johnny regret ree n." It isn't exactly a cheap approach but if you feel there's something special under the hood then why give it the chassis of a Lada...? (I'm asking a question here - don't tell me Ladas are cool.)

The only problem with the card packaging was that we had to stick the sleeves together individually - a surprising pain in the arse, to be honest.

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
Here Anne ya big man named as a woman and a word.

What was the story with your card cd covers? Worth doing? Ja reckon it's possible to do on the cheap?

Re: A woman by any other name...

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
The only problem with the card packaging was that we had to stick the sleeves together individually - a surprising pain in the arse, to be honest.

same with herv 7". a bloody nightmare.

joss got sent a cd by some band called random from kilkenny(?), which had the most amazing packaging. completey impracticle with insane folding requirements, but it looks deadly.

music was good an' all

Originally posted by dudley
joss got sent a cd by some band called random from kilkenny(?), which had the most amazing packaging. completey impracticle with insane folding requirements, but it looks deadly.

music was good an' all

really? what sort of stuff? links? site? mp3s?

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
I'd love to release a 6-CD album packaged in a three storey building. It would be a 1-copy limited edition. To listen to it you'd have to go inside the building.

Oh wait - that's called a Thinker Org concert!

My new album will be released inscribed on the side of a psychic dog, to be read by a gold plated dog player located on a manhole cover in Manchester, on the confluence of ley-lines from Iceland and Guyana during either of the months of March or April.

Been done.

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
My new album will be released inscribed on the side of a psychic dog, to be read by a gold plated dog player located on a manhole cover in Manchester, on the confluence of ley-lines from Iceland and Guyana during either of the months of March or April.

best advice I can give is don't get them done at Apex Duplication (also known as Music plant) here in dublin.

Tychos had lots of problems. We lost about 50+ units due to -

some had no trays! OR no CDs! OR instead of a dab of glue used to hold the tray they used a big 'X' of glue to hold it in place (clear tray!) OR tray over Lyrics OR paper ripped due to gluey thumbprints!

which meant we had to check each unit before the went to distributer. All the ones in shops are grand NOW by the way.

Autamata got his done there and had the same probs.

D

Originally posted by Donal
best advice I can give is don't get them done at Apex Duplication (also known as Music plant) here in dublin.

Tychos had lots of problems. We lost about 50+ units due to -

some had no trays! OR no CDs! OR instead of a dab of glue used to hold the tray they used a big 'X' of glue to hold it in place (clear tray!) OR tray over Lyrics OR paper ripped due to gluey thumbprints!

which meant we had to check each unit before the went to distributer. All the ones in shops are grand NOW by the way.

Autamata got his done there and had the same probs.

D

My copy of your album is a bit fucked alrights. Glue is all over the gaff but it took months to notice it. its not exactly a deal breaker.

I regret not putting our last EP in jewel case as it gets fucking lost in the myriad of a CD collection never to be found again.

sorry to hear that Damo.

Definitely jewel case from here on. So anyone with a digipak of 'This Is' might have a collectable someday. ;) !ironyyy

I personally love digipaks but they eventually fall to pieces after a few years.

dee not john

wait for the vinyl release!! ;-)
the cd answer is to replicate the vinyl thing exactly in miniature - anti static envelope in a cardboard envelope in a plastic sleeve, no breakables and no wear and tear; do a gatefold so that the spine is wide enough to be legible - hey presto!
this is all theoretical mind you - it's my dream
i hate cd - it was the new cassette, not the new vinyl
damn those eurocrats!

Re: dee not john

Originally posted by binky
wait for the vinyl release!! ;-)
the cd answer is to replicate the vinyl thing exactly in miniature - anti static envelope in a cardboard envelope in a plastic sleeve, no breakables and no wear and tear; do a gatefold so that the spine is wide enough to be legible - hey presto!
this is all theoretical mind you - it's my dream
i hate cd - it was the new cassette, not the new vinyl
damn those eurocrats!

I have seen that done VERY well a few times - Kim has a mojo comp where the CD is black (on both sides and looks like a rekkid)

10pm in phantom by the way.

A round sound ten-pound Large Mound bouncing baby thankyou to to everyone who freely gave of their experience, I'm very grateful.
If anyone is going to the Ballroom of Romance tonight, I will be able to repay you in peanuts, cheap cider and vacuous conversation while looking frantically around the room for other more interesting people to talk to.

BBB

Oh, Pete, Hi! Didn't see you there. Here, hang on, back in a second

P.S. Hi Pete! you coming to the gig tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back