******Digipack advice****** (1 Viewer)

Burgerbarbaby

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
www.facebook.com
Howiyz this fine braw morning.

I have need of some advice if anyone can help. I am looking to price cd digipacks, and would like to know about people's experiences with them. I'm currently researching them on the netterweb, but if there are any companies which people have used and really liked or really hated, it would be very useful to hear about them. Any type of digipack, by the way, I'm basically looking for an overview of what to look out for and what kind of price range is sane etc.

Yours in sorrow more than anger,

Burgerbarbaby

DIGIPAKS are very expensive over here, because the plastic tray is patented and Digipak have a monopoly on the tray. They only licence some printers / manufacturers to use them. AGI are one of the few here. Not too sure about UK and abroad.

What Joeseppi said.

For the mound album we though long and hard about doing a digipak but the decider was that it was too expensive and that with a jewl case, if it gets fucked up you can just get a new case and it looks brand new again!

Digipacks=very very expensive.
500-999 digipacks with colour 4-page booklet from Sony DADC (via Things You're Missing) = €1.14 *each* (as opposed to €0.47 for jewel case with inlay and colour 4-page booklet)

Dear Burgerbarbaby,

You wanted innovation and variation, and now you have them. Why are you suddenly nostalgic for the old ways? It's just a passing moment, though. There's no time to wallow once you get the official response that moves things forward. Now that you're legitimate, you have your work cut out for you. A tentative relationship enters a talking phase, fueled by concrete and irrevocable decisions. You begin to understand the value of something that you took for granted. Invest this windfall in a fund or project that will give you a real return. Then you can start trading with the big kids.

Yours,
Agony Uncle.

If you could get your face out of Woman's Realm for one BLOODY second, I'm looking for advice here.

Specifically about the soft downy hair that's started to grow on parts of my body that never had hair before. And the strange feelings I get in P.E. when Nuala Grogan runs past me in her hosrts.
Shorts. Sorry.

Hey, thanks for the real advice so far, it's exactly what I needed to hear. Youser deadly.

Dear Burgerbarbaby,

it's best to ask a grown-up for advice, as well as help using scissors. They can be tricky! Don't let any adults touch your 'private parts', and if they do, run away screaming.

Egg: Does it get cheaper with an order over 999?
Would it be considered one order if 2 cd covers were done at the same time? (No, probbly, but I thought I'd axe)
Thanks again.
BBB

Grrrrrr: For Jayses sake. I've been asking adults to touch my 'private parts' as often as possible for MONTHS now, and y'know, it's kinda nice.
Hey, maybe you were wrong about the "carrying large amounts of cash in my hand while walking down dark alleys at night" advice too, huh?

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
Egg: Does it get cheaper with an order over 999?

Yep
1000-1999 digipacks with colour 4-page booklet from Sony DADC (via Things You're Missing) = €0.60 each

But so does everything else:
1000-1999 jewel case with inlay and colour 4-page booklet = €0.31 each

(You have to go to 5000 to get digipacks for around this price)

Would it be considered one order if 2 cd covers were done at the same time?

Wouldn't think so

Y'see daswaddI'mtalkabout.

Thank you. Looking up manufacturers names and prices, well it's all shite when you've no idea who you're dealing with. Cheers.

Here Anne ya big man named as a woman and a word.

What was the story with your card cd covers? Worth doing? Ja reckon it's possible to do on the cheap?

Originally posted by egg_

But so does everything else:
1000-1999 jewel case with inlay and colour 4-page booklet = €0.31 each

(You have to go to 5000 to get digipacks for around this price)

You're forgetting one thing buh'......

Jewel cases are HORRIBLE!

Now ask about the digipacks, that's a different matter, here's what they all reply:

They're TASTY, TASTY, very very TASTY,
They're very TASTY
bum-bum-bum..
They're very TASTY..
bum-bum-bum..
THEY'RE VERY TASTY

I think the Rollers/Sparkers cover is one of the coolest I have ever seen
However, I can't find it in my CD rack cos it's too thin, and the outside got battered-looking pretty damn quick

Well, yes, that will happpen with alternative packaging. I sometimes have trouble finding some of my cds for the same reason. Especially the little square ones Kim Cascone does. [see below]

Attachments

• anech02.jpeg
    anech02.jpeg
    4.5 KB · Views: 57
That's disappointing, Eggmont, even though we did factor a certain "mortality" into the packaging. I guess the solution is to buy multiple copies...

I think the Rollers/Sparkers cover is one of the coolest I have ever seen
However, I can't find it in my CD rack cos it's too thin, and the outside got battered-looking pretty damn quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back