dave mcsavage = new levels of cuntage prevails (2 Viewers)

was this during The Field?

i can't remember anyway, what happened again?

He cornered McSavage and started talking at him for a good 5-10 minutes. Dave, misanthropist nincompoop that he is, gradually started folding himself up into as close to a fetal position as he could. He was aware that your brother was us and kept giving desperate glances at us as if to say "get this guy away from me", we left them to it. He looked totally
miserable throughout, it was great.

hes a wanker he slagged me once in temple bar in front of the crowd because i had ipod ear phones.
his exact words were did mammy buy u that for christmas.
hes a shit comedian and his thing is to pick on people.
if he reads this he can go fuck himself.

sick burn dude. i was kind of wondering how a thread about a guy whose entire schtick is winding up his audience made it to 19 pages, but no wonder when there so many with experiences like yours.

don't mind him and I hope you're up to wearing the ipod in public again.

sounds like a plan
next week: john mcenroe

john_mcenroe.jpg

Hey, he's alright.

The Roman Catholic church? Don't get me started.

I was in the Costa on Stephen's Green once when he came traipsing in looking really miserable and dragging his little granny trolly behind him. What I assume was his girlfriend got some takeaway coffees in and when they were leaving he said "there is'nt a toilet in here is there?" What I assume was his girlfriend said no and he left looking even more miserable. Seeing him struggling to hold a wee wee in and knowing there was actually a toilet in the place made my day.

did you see his TV show last night

good lord, it was muck...

Nope.

I assume this is Shane Hegarty writing on the Times site.

November 19, 2007

David McSavage: never again

When Pat Kenny anounced that David McSavage was his next guest on Friday night’s Late Late Show, it needed superhuman effort not to either:
a) throw a glass at the screen
b) turn over and watch Northern Irish celebrities do Children In Need
I’m glad I didn’t turn over. I’m glad I saw it. And I hope McSavage is never on television again.
Alongside the usual outbursts of witless bombast, his appearance included impressions of both Ryan Tubridy and Pat Kenny having sex (not together) and ended with an appalling song about a man snorting coke off a boy in Thailand. I realise that the description may possibly make this sound funny in a boundary-pushing kind of way. It wasn’t. It was unfunny in a boundary-pushing kind of way.
Despite being one of our lesser comedians, he has received a lot of help from the Late Late in the past - appearing more than once before. But this was already a show that had involved Pat Kenny telling Jade Goody that “some people out there still love you” and ended with him doing his gameshow host impression while commentating on people trying to open locks in sequence - television of almost unparalleled banality. Although, it had at least allowed Ian O’Doherty to talk in an hysteria-free way about cocaine, so proving it can occassionally do something right even in the midst of such calamity.
But its highlight was Kenny’s reaction to the punchline in McSavage’s song: an “ah, now” that was pure Partridge. Really. It is a cliched observation, but it is uncanny. All that’s missing on this show now is for someone to accidentally shoot a guest dead.
The Late Late Show doesn’t usually put the previous programme online until mid-week, but when it’s there you should watch it. It’s terrible, of course. But it’s thrilling nonetheless. You won’t spend another fifteen minutes of this year with your knuckles so firmly lodged in your teeth while your mind tries to burrow its way out through your ears.
"unfunny in a boundary-pushing kind of way"

Now that's funny!

it was a steaming pile of trying to hard to be shocking shite

lots of 'surreal' stuff, that was actually just awful gobbledigook, a true sign that some has dissapeared up their own hole, when they act under the illusion that anything is just going to be funny, just cause they said it

you probably would've loved it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back