creepy stories you've heard (1 Viewer)

Scary story/ rational explanation/ scary postscript:

In my folks's house, there's an old wrought-iron spiral staircase leading from the upstairs landing to the attic. When I was lickle I used to have a recurring nightmare featuring a teenage girl with long, dark hair in a white dress, who came slowly down the stairs, turned to look at me revealing that she had no face (just blank skin, not the "mass of rotting flesh" in the story above, that really would have had me certified at the age of 4!). Then she'd fall, or jump off the middle of the staircase, landing on her head, and lie twichting on the ground.

I would never pass through the landing without the lights on, so my folks had to leave it on all night in case I needed the loo. (Yes, global warming is all my fault.)

Anyway, years later I found out that the staircase had been transported to our house from another house that belonged to the family, and while it was there, a 14-year-old cousin of my grandfather fell off and cracked her head open, wasn't discovered for hours and died from her injuries.

Rational explanation: I overheard this story when I was really young and it freaked me out and burrowed into my subconcsious, the fear manifesting itself in the nightmare.

Scary postscript: when I was about the same age as the girl who died, my dog used to sit barking and growling at the staircase for no apparent reason....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

i cant remember. something to do with paper being thrown around.

add the slime in for effect if you want.

remembering the story about being ouija boarded on killiney hill has taken too much out of me today..i'll tell it tomorrow
i've told it on here a few times tho

i saw a real man transform into a werewolf once

ive always had a fascination with creepy stories or urban legends, and as to wondering the roots of such stories grew from.....

i recently heard the story of the "dead girl on the train" [see link below]
although there are several different versions of this story so wonder weather its has any truth to it somewhere along the "tracks" so to speak.....:eek:

also heard stories of Dublins Hell Fire Club, which id never even heard of before....

I have heaps of these stories; all happened to me or mates/family of mine. I cant be arsed typing them though.
maybe tomorrow......

True story..

We have a rehearsal space on Nth Frederick st that a basement of an old Georgian house. Its damp, dark and the electrics are pretty fucked.

Anyways every Sunday an old chair would appear in front of the door of the rehearsal room without fail with no explanation, always left at the same exact spot. And everytime I (or someone else) would put it back in its place at the far end of the hallway. The following week it'd be back again. A few people started getting creeped out by this..

Anways someone who rehearsed there couldn't reach the key from its high perch and had to move the chair everytime she was rehearsing on a Saturday.

Like I said TRUE STORY!

True story..

We have a rehearsal space on Nth Frederick st that a basement of an old Georgian house. Its damp, dark and the electrics are pretty fucked.

Anyways every Sunday an old chair would appear in front of the door of the rehearsal room without fail with no explanation, always left at the same exact spot. And everytime I (or someone else) would put it back in its place at the far end of the hallway. The following week it'd be back again. A few people started getting creeped out by this..

Anways someone who rehearsed there couldn't reach the key from its high perch and had to move the chair everytime she was rehearsing on a Saturday.

Like I said TRUE STORY!

You're a ghost.

Again, rational explanation could be that the dog, being my bestest furry friend, was picking up on my anxiety. I do believe there'll probably be a scientific explanation for ghosties some time in the future.

Other weird stuff has happened in the same house, it's creepy as feck, there's a big room that's actually 2 rooms knocked into one, and in one half of the room I used to feel like I was being watched by a not-very-nice presence, but the other half was fine.

I also once lived in a house with 4 other young women and we all menstruated at the same time (as ye do, creepy enough in itself...) and I swear when we were all pre-menstrual there was minor poltergeist activity-a-rama. Small stuff like TVs going on and off standby, small objects falling off shelves, I noticed it myself then one of the other girls remarked on it so I knew it wasn't just me. Again, scientific explanation probably on its way in a few hundred years' time...

When my dad died last year we were in the family home that he grew up in the night after the funeral. I went to bed in the old back bedroom and mrs. scientician was beside me. In the morning I had a dream that I could see his silhouette wandering around in front of the window. I didn't have my glasses on so it was all blurred but it was clearly his silhouette in the very room I was sleeping in. An experience like that would convince alot of people that ghosts exist. It didn't, however convince me.

Another story. My friends were living in a rented student house in Oldtown Ave in Santry (I think that's the street) and one of the girls living in the house was convinced there was a ghost, an evil presence in the house. No one else believed her but they humoured her enough to call for the priest who then blessed the house. I unfortunately wasn't there for this blessing but apparently it was bizarre enough with the priest addressing the spirit or spirits in the house. At the moment the priest said something like " I cast you out" there was a loud screech heard by all present. Some cats had picked that exact moment to get it on.

The story in and of itself isn't that interesting but a nice postscript is that one of the other girls in the class claimed that her auntie had been interested in buying the very house but had been warned away by a neighbour that it was HAUNTED.

had a nightmare last year, really vivid, where I was looking in the window of my girlfriend's granny's flat. She was screaming, holding her chest, face up to the window, screaming at me to get her out of there, shouting help, help etc. I was powerless. scary as shit.

the next morning i get a phone call from the girlfriend - she's in tears, her granny had a heart attack that night - was screaming for help, no one came.

:eek:

Down near Heuston station I once thought I saw a ghost train..

but it was just my imagination

a 'train of thought' if you will........

hello?

ha ha...
the NYC subway stations are stacked, one over the other sometimes.
I was sitting there, at about 4 in the morning, and I heard a train coming, pulling in, stopping, and pulling off again.
And saw nothing.
Now, I might have been a bit locked. But, it scared the shite out of me, until I realised there was a platform below.

ha ha...
the NYC subway stations are stacked, one over the other sometimes.
I was sitting there, at about 4 in the morning, and I heard a train coming, pulling in, stopping, and pulling off again.
And saw nothing.
Now, I might have been a bit locked. But, it scared the shite out of me, until I realised there was a platform below.
Thomas the Tank Engine would scare the shite out of you.

A friend of mine (also an ex lecturer of mine) was living living in a house in Chapelizod (sp?) with his girlfriend and their child who was 2years old or so. After a while the child started talking about her friend who lived in her room. Thinking she had made up an imaginary friend, they thought nothing of it. Anyway, one night they're woken up by the kid screaming at the top of her lungs. They go in to the room to get the child, who at this stage is in floods of tears and inconsolable. She spends the next few nights sleeping in her parents room because she refuses to sleep back in her old room. Eventually as days pass they manage to cinvince her to sleep back in her room.

A few days later, they're watching tv when the child bursts into the room and starts screaming at them and swearing her head off. Again she is inconsolable and they can't get her to stop shouting. My friend assures me that they never swore around the child and that the words coming out of her mouth were a bit too explicit to be the sort of words young children would share in the playground.

A while later, the kid wakes them up again screaming in the middle of the night saying "the face on the wall had changed"! They asked the kid what she meant and she said that her friend in her room was usually friendly and smiley but that night his face was angry and scary.

Around this time they began to tell people of these occurances. Upon telling her girlfriend's family, they said that they should contact a friend of the family who was a medium for sirits. After a few months of more and more similar occurances they eventually contacted the woman. The family went away for the weekend and let the friend staty in the house. Upon returning, the woman told my friend that she had contacted the spirit and that he had moved on. She said the spirit was that of a soldier who had been murdered or had died in that bedroom when the house was originally built. They didn't know whether to believe the woman or not as the child had never mentioned anything about a soldier in her room. Anyway, the parents never told the child what the medium was oing in the house or what she had discovered.

A few weeks later, the 3 of them went on a weekend holiday down to my friend's parent's old mobile home. Whilst rummaging through some of his old toys with his daughter, my friend showed her an old army soldier toy which was his favourite toy as a child. Upon seeing the toy his daughter screamed and ran out of the mobile crying her eyes out and wouldn't come back in until the toy had been put out of sight.

this thread is so awesome.

A guy I knows family were visiting New York a few years ago and as you do they went down to ground zero to check out the remains.

They took some pictures of the site and nobody was in the way of the shots.

When they got them developed they noticed a man standing in the way of the shot staring at the camera. then they noticed the same man in the next shot staring at the camera in the exact same way. Then he was there again in the next photo and the next and the next.

this thread is so awesome.

A guy I knows family were visiting New York a few years ago and as you do they went down to ground zero to check out the remains.

They took some pictures of the site and nobody was in the way of the shots.

When they got them developed they noticed a man standing in the way of the shot staring at the camera. then they noticed the same man in the next shot staring at the camera in the exact same way. Then he was there again in the next photo and the next and the next.
get the photos. post em here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back