creepy stories you've heard (2 Viewers)

i've had a couple of experiences though i remain sceptical. when i moved back to cork as young fella we moved into a house that was built for the officers of the british army serving in collins barracks. i remember hearing stairs creaking in the night etc, but never thought much of it. one incident does stick in my mind though.

i was about 11 yeas old and i was on my midterm break from school. i was messing in the hall with my sister who was 4 at the time when all of a sudden she turned and looked at the stairs in silence for a few seconds. then she asked "who's that old man coming down the stairs?" to this day i can still visualize looking at that stairs and seeing nothing there. i ran my sis into the living room and shut the door!

it wasn't until years later that my parents told me (at different unrelated times) that that house was haunted. my dad used to see the telly switch on and off by itself and my aunt once heard her name being called even though she was the only one in the house....

the most recent experience was a couple of years ago in Mullinahone in Co. Tipp. i was on a charity walk to that festival we cant talk about and we were given a house to stay in for the night while we passed through. it was much bigger than any of the of the houses in the village and was 200 years old apparently. anyways due to the fact we were in mullinahone and there was nothing to do there, we decided to play house golf. we designated a teebox in one of the bedrooms, it was a small bedroom with just a wardrobe and a bed. anyways while all of us were in the room ready to take our shots the wardrobe door slammed shut by itself. i was the only person standing next to the wardrobe at the time and saw it close by itself. when i tried to open the wardrobe doors again, they were locked. spooky. we all ran away.

Howdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoit?

it was a combination of two rituals. i'm afraid i am not permitted to divulge the precise invocations used. the first was a tantric ritual called "chod" which is designed to destroy the ego through facing fear. i was entrusted with a relic from a tibetan monastary many years ago called a "rkang gling", a 300 year old trumpet made from a human thighbone (they are only made from the bones of the victims of rape and murder or the murderers themselves).

basically, in this ritual one has to chew raw meat and play the instrument while sitting on a grave at night (though in tibet one would literally sit on a corpse) and do a series of visualisations in which one sees their body being slowly ripped apart by demons while doing specific incantations to summon all spirits of a malicious, ravenous and wrathful nature.

the second ritual was an adaptation of a vaudou possession ritual, derived from what are called "akom" african rituals. one makes a "vever", a sigil, which is a visual symbol that acts as a beacon to call specific spirits, and through a series of incantations and specific actions, one lets their own human body become the vessel for this spirit.

it proved to be a throughly successful though remarkably disturbing and hazardous experiment.

it was a combination of two rituals. i'm afraid i am not permitted to divulge the precise invocations used. the first was a tantric ritual called "chod" which is designed to destroy the ego through facing fear. i was entrusted with a relic from a tibetan monastary many years ago called a "rkang gling", a 300 year old trumpet made from a human thighbone (they are only made from the bones of the victims of rape and murder or the murderers themselves).

basically, in this ritual one has to chew raw meat and play the instrument while sitting on a grave at night (though in tibet one would literally sit on a corpse) and do a series of visualisations in which one sees their body being slowly ripped apart by demons while doing specific incantations to summon all spirits of a malicious, ravenous and wrathful nature.

the second ritual was an adaptation of a vaudou possession ritual, derived from what are called "akom" african rituals. one makes a "vever", a sigil, which is a visual symbol that acts as a beacon to call specific spirits, and through a series of incantations and specific actions, one lets their own human body become the vessel for this spirit.

it proved to be a throughly successful though remarkably disturbing and hazardous experiment.
between this and the colonic irrigation, I'm starting to feel a bit alienated from thumped.

in other words, JAYSUS

i thought i'd seen it all when you got your wand out.

portrait-williams.JPG

This isn't exactly a ghost story but the summer my Grandad died a tabby cat started coming into our garden everyday for the entire summer. Then we didn't see the cat.

The next summer around the time my grandad died the same cat came back. It was a really really tame cat which was strange since most cats that come through our garden would just run at the first sign of being noticed. Then one day my sister came home and went to her room to find the cat sitting on her bed as if it had been waiting for her. I tihnk this happened twice.

We started to kinda joke that the cat might be our Grandad reincarnated with greatest irony being that my Granny hated cats. Then the cat disappeared again.

Oh and in terms of people thinking they have seen Ghosts in their room have you ever thought of/heard of sleep peralisis. Its when you partially wake up but your head is still in the dream world. I think its happened to me a few times where I have heard noises in my room like the rattling of my steel cd holder or footsteps but I know nobody is there.

I also once lived in a house with 4 other young women and we all menstruated at the same time (as ye do, creepy enough in itself...)

I'm told it's the same law of physics that makes the pendulums on two grandfathers clocks in the same room align with each other over time.
Also one of the reasons group chanting has a hypnotic affect.

Mind you I was told of this law of physics by an anthropology lecturer who got 'let go' after she finished our course

I'm told it's the same law of physics that makes the pendulums on two grandfathers clocks in the same room align with each other over time.
Also one of the reasons group chanting has a hypnotic affect.

Mind you I was told of this law of physics by an anthropology lecturer who got 'let go' after she finished our course

I thought the group chanting had to do with the lack of oxygen/hyperventilating or something like that. Perhaps it's both.

Not so much a story as a creepy hand-written three page letter I read written by an elderly man from the West of Ireland the day before he commited suicide & detailing the physical and emotional abuse he commited on his half-sister over a thirty year period.
Genuinely chilling.

Not so much a story as a creepy hand-written three page letter I read written by an elderly man from the West of Ireland the day before he commited suicide & detailing the physical and emotional abuse he commited on his half-sister over a thirty year period.
Genuinely chilling.

How did that come into your hands?

A couple of years ago me and a couple of friends went to a supposed haunted house outside Moira - it was an old schoolhouse, apparently the headmaster hung himself or something.

anyway, the weirdest thing that we found was a giant mural of Morrissey in one of the rooms.

As ghosts go this is pretty damn cool

yeah, i can't remember the whole story, but it was something along the lines of the headmaster hung himself from the bell tower or something, and it made the bell ring and all the kids saw it. It's probably too cool to be true though...

when i was 11 we went to kerry on our holidays. we were at the beach and i began to cry uncontrolably. my mother was desperately trying to find out what was wrong with me, and all i could tell her is that she should ring home. i dunno what made me say it. when she rang, her mother let her know that her father had died. i had started to cry at exactly the time of his passing.

around this time i got up one morning and told my mother that we were going on holidays. later that day she got a phone call to say that we had won a holiday to disney world.

anyone else get premonitions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back