creepy stories you've heard (2 Viewers)

when i was 11 we went to kerry on our holidays. we were at the beach and i began to cry uncontrolably. my mother was desperately trying to find out what was wrong with me, and all i could tell her is that she should ring home. i dunno what made me say it. when she rang, her mother let her know that her father had died. i had started to cry at exactly the time of his passing.

around this time i got up one morning and told my mother that we were going on holidays. later that day she got a phone call to say that we had won a holiday to disney world.

anyone else get premonitions?

Spooky!

My Great Aunt greeted the men who had come to tell her that my uncle had died with the words "Bill's dead. He died at 1.30." Uncle Bill had been working out in the fields, had died at 1.30 and it took 30 minutes for the guys to get back to tell her... but she already knew because she had felt him die.

I get premonitions from time to time. I had a feeling that something was wrong a few years back and spent ages trying to call my parents and my grandparents (who I rarely call) only to find out that my Grandfather had had a massive stroke. And just before my mum called from the hospital a few weeks later I had a feeling that he was dead. I'm glad I don't get them too often though... especially about deaths.

anyone else get premonitions?

I don't get premonitions but sometimes I'll in a location that I definetely haven't been to or seen before and I'll start to get a total sense of being in the place before and then I'll realise that I was there in a dream in the past despite never actually seeing it in reality before. Its happened in places in Dublin and in Toronto before.

aye, i don't get them so much about deaths either thankfully
but i'll often have a lucid dream about someone and then out of the blue they'll get in touch with me. and i seem to have an uncanny ability to tell when someones pregnant which freaks the bejaysuz out of everyone at work

Yes, that can be the weirdest feeling. I mentioned it before somewhere I think, but I used to keep a dream diary where I would write down descriptions of what I had seen or where I had been... then I would check back when I got the 'deja vu' feeling... and there it would be in the diary. After a while it freaked me out so much that I started lucid dreaming... I'd try to change what was going on in my dreams and end up waking up really upset when it still all went wrong no matter what I did.

I always wake up feeling a bit freaked out if I dream about people I know.

I get premonitions from time to time. I had a feeling that something was wrong a few years back and spent ages trying to call my parents and my grandparents (who I rarely call) only to find out that my Grandfather had had a massive stroke. And just before my mum called from the hospital a few weeks later I had a feeling that he was dead. I'm glad I don't get them too often though... especially about deaths.

Er, I've had a number of sorta premonitions/strange dreams that worked out

About 3 years ago, i was managing a student radio station...when i started college 4/5 years before that, there was a dude managing it just during my first year.Anyway, I hadn't seen him in years, and for some reason he was in a dream I had one night. The following day, i was going back to work after lunch when he popped in to my head again. Ten minutes later, he turns up in the office after been gone from Limerick for years spending time in Australia, London and Dublin

Last November, I was going up to the Sufjan stevens show...the night before I had a dream that it was the funeral of a friend from school's dad, and the funeral was on in the school hall. The weird thing was my friend had a beard, and i'd never seen him with one before, and i'd meet him a couple of times a year at various gigs etc.
anyway, when I woke up, i felt compelled to text Cormac (my friend) to see was he going to the gig, and sure enough, he was. I was telling my friend's girlfriend who was driving us up about the dream. After the gig, I walk out of the Olympia, and she sees me talking to this guy with a big ginger beard, and me going pale...she knew straight away...i sorta blanked him cos I just kept thinking his dad was gonna die or something...he didn't but it was weird all the same

having to pay exorbitant taxes to maintain this paternalistic battery-hen existence we are forced into being bad enough, i really would rather choose not to spend another cent on futile hope and impotent greed. ;)

Jeez Louise, I just thought if you could 'bring on' premonitions like.

having to pay exorbitant taxes to maintain this paternalistic battery-hen existence we are forced into being bad enough, i really would rather choose not to spend another cent on futile hope and impotent greed. ;)

Yeah, but imagine if you won

hey brian,

that is really interesting stuff dude. i've heard about stuff like that before but always been waaaaay too afraid to try it. you actually did! fair fucks.. maybe you could have went mad or some shit.. were there any phyisical manifestations or was it all mental?

the only ghosts i have ever seen were at a party after the tivoli at about half eight in the morning.

i'm not sure i believe in the premonition thing to be honest
i never win on the lottery
though there does seem to be some work of unbelievable coincidence underlining life. it can be of significance ala the death of my granda or just something odd like the fact that myself and my older brother always seem to buy the exact same birthday/ christmas cards for family members

maybe there is something to 'group mind' theory?
or maybe i'm a superfreak

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back